cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Sync / Desktop Sync - Do these actually exist and do anything?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have spent many hours over the course of several days trying to figure out how to transfer the pictures on my wife's Samsung Instinct HD to my pc and I can't figure it out.  Before I throw this phone against the wall, punch a hole in my monitor, and kick the dog, I'm hoping someone can tell me how to do this.  All I can find is that I have to download Desktop Sync, but of course there is absolutely no indication how to accomplish this.  All the worthless FAQs on this crappy website tell you nothing and everything google tells me to do doesn't exist on the Sprint site.

Please be extremely specific with your replies, especially with regard to where things are located and how to access them.  I haven't found any good information yet that didn't leave out some steps or some other vital connecting details and I'm tired of the run around.

My questions are the following:

1) Does Mobile Sync exist and do anything?  If I go to Support->Services and click on Organize, I see Mobile Sync and Mobile Sync Admin.  But if I click on those, they are nothing more than some more useless FAQs and tutorials.

2) Does Desktop Sync exists and do anything?  From what I've found in these crappy help files, I need to click on the Desktop Sync link from Mobile Sync.  But since Mobile Sync is just help files, there is no such link to be found.

3) Is there some other way that I can get the pictures and videos off my wife's phone?  It's full and she can't take any more pictures.  Plugging a USB cable into it basically messes up my computer with some non-functioning drivers.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

Moved to the Applications forum for more visibility.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

The apps should be available from My Sprint, not Support.  Click the My Sprint tab, then look for a link to Mobile Sync.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

That was the first place I checked but I never saw any mention of it.  The ONLY place I ever saw the words Mobile Sync was in support.  Maybe if you held my hand and gave me step by step instructions for a kindergardner including where the link is EXACTLY, I could find it. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still waiting for an answer here...

I have never seen the words Mobile Sync anywhere in My Sprint.  The FAQ tells me to click on the link as well, but no one seems to be able to even give me a hint as to where this link is.  My suspicion is that it doesn't exist at all and that there is no way to get the pictures off the phone.  Can anyone confirm this or at least answer the questions I outlined in the original post with as much detail as possible?  Saying there is a link somewhere I need to click on is not enough detail.

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm not an export on Sprint Mobile Desktop Sync, but here is what I believe is the deal after doing some research on it:

• Mobile Sync and Desktop Sync are one and the same app and called Sprint Mobile Sync.
  • Sprint Mobile Sync is supported on the Instinct HD, so you *should* see an icon on the product ribbon under My device & media.  As you don't seem to find it, there may be a Web site issue.  I will send you a private message so we can look into this further.
  • Now most importantly, according to this document and internal Care documentation, Sprint Mobile Sync only syncs your address book with your contacts, Group Connect® groups, etc.  I have not seen any mention of photos, so this may not be the solution you need anyway.
  • The Instinct HD is Bluetooth-capable, so you should be able to send the files to a computer that way.  Or connect a USB cable to phone and computer.  I'm not sure if the images are stored on the device itself or on an SD card (if you have one installed), or if you can save or move them to the microSD card.  If on the SD card, look for that folder when you connect the USB cable and move them from there to your harddrive. See the user guide for more information on BT (p. 77 (doc)/ 85 (prgm), the microSD card & USB connection (p. 62 / 70).
  • Alternatively, you should be able to upload pictures to the Picture Mail site at http://www.sprint.com/picturemail, where you can access and download them to your computer. There should be an option to do that (note that data charges apply if the phone is not on a data pack or data rate plan). If you send MMS with the pictures, they will also get uploaded to the PM site.

Post back if you still don't have any luck!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.