cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Sync

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mobile Sync

I had to reset my wife's Samsung Insinct two days ago because it wasn't pulling up some of the Data sites.  I had to do the same exact thing on my Instinct and a couple hours later my contacts all came back to my phone from Mobile Sync.

After resetting her phone the Data sites started working but her contacts never showed up.  I called into Sprint 24 hours later to find out what was going on.  The customer service representative didn't understand what I was talking about at first.  I had to explain what Mobile Sync was and how it worked a number of times.

She told me how to sync my wife's phone and then started telling me how she resolved the issue and that I needed to leave good feedback on the survey with high pressure tactics.

After I got off the phone with her I went to the sprint website and followed the instructions the customer service rep gave to me.  After what seemed like forever I was finally at the Mobile Sync page only to find out the Mobile Sync System was in REPAIR.

The customer service rep couldn't just tell me that???

I just received a call from the survey department and answered the survey that my issue was not resolved.  They said a "priority person" would call me back in the next 5 buisness days.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Mobile Sync

I have been having similar issues with mobile sync. I got a replacement phone and went to sync my contacts, and nothing happened. Been that way for about a week. Noticed that the manage your contacts site was working one day, then the next 2 it was under repair, next day working, then working, and then today not working. They reordered me a replacement because they think the sync part of my phone isn't working. Hope we can get sync to work then.

Highlighted

I've had similar issues after having to reset my phone.  The tech support knew what mobile sync was, but no contacts.  She said that area of the network is down, so until it works on the Sprint site, it won't download to my phone.  She told me I need to be patient.  Grrr!!!  Did anyone ever call you back?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The only call back I got was to get a survey on how happy I was with customer service resolving my issue.  Said isuue was not resolved yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is one response I received from Sprint;

Dear >>>>>>>>>>,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand your concern regarding the
mobile sync feature.

The mobile sync feature is not included in your handset and as of now we
do not have any information related to the sync availability. Please
note as your handset do not contain mobile sync feature the contacts
once deleted cannot be retrieved. I request you to please visit the
nearest Sprint store to get more assistance.

To locate the nearest Sprint Store please click on the hyperlink given
below:

http:// sprints

If there is anything else we may assist you with, please write to us.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint.

Sincerely,
Arnold A.
Sprint

How stupid can they be.  I have the exact same phone as my wife and Mobile Sync works, when the system isn't down.

I think I will be changing carriers very very soon.  Especially if my wife's contacts are all gone it won't be pretty.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please tell me that they are not saying that i cannot get my contacts back? I have been without a phone now for 3 days and when i just got it back i cant get my contacts?

Highlighted

I have talked to three Sprint reps.  Two via phone and one via chat.  All three told me that I could get my contacts back whenever the Mobile Sync is fixed.  The guy I talked to last night (Wed. Night) said that they have finally identified the problem and were working on a fix.  He couldn't give me a timeframe, though.  He did credit me $10 to my bill for the problems.  I have an Instinct S30.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just bought another Sanyo Pro-700 to replace my old one.  Apparently, there was maintenance done this week because the Mobile Sync website was down.  It came back on two days ago and I was also having problems with syncing.  This worked on my old phone and since it was the same model I knew it should work.

Tech Support was able to get it to work yesterday.  The fix was either of two approaches:

1. I had a data lock on my account that I requested to limit data access.  Removing the lock may have pushed the sync.

2. Tech Support told me to login to my account.   On the Mobile Sync page, they told me select/check all the boxes for my contacts and then click the "Set off phone" button.  Then I had to select/check all the contacts again and then click the "Set On Phone" button.  After clicking the "Sync Now!" button it worked!

I love the Mobile Sync feature!  This is one of the main reasons I did not upgrade to another phone.  I wish this feature were available on more Sprint phones and I believe Verizon now offers this all of its phones.

Good luck.

Highlighted

I would recommend all of you to be persistent with tech support.  Keep calling.  After talking to a 4th person, they put a toruble ticket in, and then suddenly I got all my contacts back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After reseting my phone, my contacts won't sync to my phone. I've looked everywhere on the site but can't seem to find any instructions on how to do it. All I find is how to activate mobile sync for the first time and how to deactivate it. Help?? PLEASE?

I have an Instinct HD. (which is not that great of a phone b.t.w)

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.