Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nascar app

Journeyman

Nascar app

I cannot get my nascar app to work says error authenticating your device  turn off wi-fi and or 4g what is going on

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Yeah, the Sprint applications are proprietary and will only work on mobile network.  They wont work on wifi.  That includes Sprint TV, Nascar, and Sprint Football Live.  I hope that answers your question!

Patron

Nascar and sprint football live wore on wifi you just gotta let it connect via 3g or 4g first then after its done loading you can use wifi with that app all you want

Journeyman

I am also having this exact problem for the second week. i have turned off wi-fi and 4g, i have done the airplane mode and even spent 2 hours with sprint techs who try every little trick they could and it still didn't work. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Katojune and Darr999,

Has there been any changes on your account like, esn change, nai change, msid change or phone number change? also what type of device do you have?

Ray

Journeyman

I have the Evo 4g. I recently had to have my phone evo replaced with another evo this was just about the same time problem had occur. The weird issue is another family member gets the same message on their evo shift and when I went into my local sprint store 3 employees tried their phone and also go the same problem with the app.

Journeyman

Would love to remove this c-r-a-p

Wizard

Nascar and sprint football live wore on wifi you just gotta let it connect via 3g or 4g

Yes, this is true.  When you access Sprint applications, it authenticates with the NAI  (i.e. sprint1820@sprintpcs.com).  However, when you use wifi and/or 4G, they cannot provide the NAI and that is why you receive an authentication errorYes, this is true.  When you access Sprint applications, it authenticates with the NAI         (i.e.sprint1@sprintpcs.com).  However, when you use wifi and/or 4G, they cannot provide the NAI and that is why you receive an authentication error

Journeyman

I hear that, along with all of the other unnecessary garbage they load our devices up with before shipping them out.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue ever since the last update.  Wifi and 4g are off, I've gone in and out of airplane mode more times than I can count, powered off and back on numerous times, and still keep getting a message to turn off wifi and 4g and try again.  Any suggestions?

Journeyman

Yes this is exactly the problem im having. I know that it needs to be on the 3g network. I have done the stupid airplane mode tons of times. When I called tech support they had me do a complete reset and also sent other updates to my phone and still it gave the same message. It seems like the phone thinks im another network or something. I have the Evo 4g. I use the nascar and NFL apps but if it's not going to work i shouldn't have to root the phone just to get these off of it.

Wizard

nderdog and KATOJUNE  once you go back to the 3 g network, does everything else work fine (etc- web, tv,market?), is it just the Nfl, and Nascar that are giving you the error.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.