cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation problems on LG Optimus S- suggestions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Navigation problems on LG Optimus S- suggestions?

Google Navigation has been absolutely awful lately on my Optimus S (Sprint.) It can't find my GPS signal very frequently. Can you guys recommend ways to fix this, or the best alternative for a navigation system that I can use on this phone?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

There are some third party GPS apps that will let you test your GPS signal. One that I know by name is called GPS Test. It will show how strong of a GPS signal you're getting as well as how accurate the location is. Sometimes when indoors you may have trouble maintaining GPS connectivity particularly in buildings with tin roofs or multiple stories.

-Donnie

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having similar issues, affecting Google Maps as well as Waze & Geocaching Apps. Seemed to have started with the Gingerbread update last weekend.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My children and I have the same phone and all three phones are very slow in loading anything. This all started with the update. What can we do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone resolved this yet? Mine doesnet work at all.

UPDATE!!!!!! JUST FOUND THE FIX THAT FIXED MINE.    

"I had the same problem and it turned out that I had GPS setting to "only E911." Change that setting and GPS works just fine."

So if you are having issues after this, researach further.

~ Meow

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.