cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing Sprint TV in Background on ANdroid Phone - EVO Shift

Highlighted
Journeyman

Playing Sprint TV in Background on ANdroid Phone - EVO Shift

I upgraded several month ago from a Win Mobile phone to an Android Phone- HTC Evo Shift.... IN the older Win Mo operating system, Sprint TV had an Option Item to "Play in Background", which allowed you to multitask..i.e., go to other screens, the home page, etc., and the TV would keep playing in the background? Can someone get a message to the develoment team for this application to provide that feature/option in the Android version/platform of Sprint TV.....

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wizard

Hi,

Thank you for your question. Yes unfortunately at this time, android doesn't support video's broadcasting or running in the background of the device.

At this time we cannot speculate if that feature will be something ever supported.

Thank you for choosing Sprint,

----George

Highlighted
Journeyman

At this time we cannot speculate if that feature will be something ever supported.

Is it just like that on Android or all sprint phones?  

Highlighted
Journeyman

When this program was on the WM platform, there was a check box in the Options that said "Remain Open in Bakcground" or "Keep playing in bakcground"... something to that effect, and it would leep playing when you left the SptintTV screen,.e.g., you went to the home screen or some other screen, so you could multitask and keep listening to your program...

Now, it stops playing, and then eventually shuts-down SprintTV... very annoying on a multitask platform such as Android and a PDA/smartphone to be stuck on that screen.... and not be able to do anything else whatsoever with the phone...

Is this a hard feature to put back ??? It was there before on the WM platform, which one would assume is much less sophisticated than the Android platform??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Suggestion that may apply.   I work out of my car and often find myself making short trips of 15 mins to long trips of 3 hours.  My main use of Sprint TV is Fox news.   I just went to using a service of Fox News Mobile, #FOXN, where you can get a live audio feed of fox news for 2.99/month.    If you are in a 4g area, it can be an inexpensive way to listen to the news while multitasking.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where can I get this?? I checked on Marketplace, but did not see it? I have the Fox Android app?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just press #3696 (FOXN) in your dialer.    You'll go the prompts of how much it costs.    I'm actually listening in my Bluetooth tonight at work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very interesting - thanks so much - I am paying $9,99 a month for the Premium channel to get Fox on the SprintTV app, and it rarely works... It constantly stopped and is in a wait state, and then often stops altogether.... so this costs less and is great- thanks so much - ...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for validating that FOX NEWS on Sprint TV still sucks.   I tried this on a blackberry recently and it seemed slow but crisp; I can't explain it; but it seemed better than android.   Seems odd that 4 years ago I used to watch (or really listen) to Sprint TV on a Razor all the time; but for some reason- on an android (evo) it is a totally different experience.   Smart phone vs. dumbphone I geuss.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Geez....now the #3696 feed is down; its' been down for 5 days.   So I went back to the Sprint TV and I gotta say, it worked pretty good last night.   Also, did you realize that they now have Fox Business included with Sprint TV Extra?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.