Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Apps

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Remove Apps

Hey all,

How do you remove apps you don't want?  Such as blockbuster, nova, amazon mp3,kindle, twitter...I don't have any room left on my Evo for updates for the apps I actually want.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Remove Apps

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove those applications from some devices such as the Evo 4G.  The best you can do is uninstall any updates, clear data, and never open or use them.  I have the Evo 4G and would like to be able to remove them.  This has been discussed at length on the forums and most new Android devices give you the option to remove most carrier-included applications now.  The Nexus and iPhone don't include many (or any) carrier-included applications.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks

-John

Journeyman

Remove Apps

thanks for the information.  Unfortunately I have done these recommendations and I'm still out of space.  Thank you, have a great day.

Master

Remove Apps

Have you moved applications to your SD card? It won't remove ALL of the data from the device memory, but applications that support it will move most of the data off of the phone and onto the memory card. The EVO 4G has like 300MB of space to install applications and such on the device memory, things like contacts, emails, etc. use this same space as well. So if you have a bunch of contacts or emails saved to the phone you may try reducing the amount of emails that your phone keeps to see if that helps.

Master

Remove Apps

If you get the application called "Apps 2 SD Free" it will tell you which apps can be moved to the SD card, it will clear all the cache that is not really necessary and which is using up a lot of your space.  I use it and I do gain 40-50 megabytes everytime I open it up.  It is very small and worth trying out.

-John

Journeyman

Remove Apps

downloaded the SD card app, very helpful!! Hopefully buy me some more time!!  Thanks for the advice, G

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.