With summer in full swing, everyone wants to look good in their swimsuit when they hit the beach or swimming pool. Here are a few free Android Market apps that can help.
Looking for healthier food alternatives while grocery shopping or wondering if that granola bar you’re about to eat is really as healthy as it appears?
Fooducate Nutrition Scanner
Simply scan the product’s barcode and this app gives a grade from A to F to let you know how smart your food choice really is. It lists key nutritional information, such as displaying how many calories per serving, sugar per serving, lets you know if the food contains trans-fat or is made with refined flours, etc. This is an easier alternative than trying to decode nutrition fact labels and ingredient lists on food packages.
You can even click on a tab within the app and you can see healthier food alternatives!
While eating out you can use these apps to make wiser choices from the menu.
- Over 100 restaurants & 15,000 food items
- You can search for restaurants by name or category
- You can search for food items between a specified range (i.e. calorie, fat, etc.) at a specific restaurant
- Displays nutritional information for items on the menu such as saturated fat, sodium, calories
- Journal feature tracks your items and totals your calories and other information
- Map feature to find nearby restaurant locations
- Automatic menu updates - menu updated regularly
A simple tool to find all the Calorie and Nutrition Facts for the foods you eat.
- A food diary to plan and keep track of what you're eating.
- An exercise diary to record all the calories you burn.
- A barcode scanner and manual barcode input
- A quick pick to find calorie and nutrition info for your favorite foods, brands and restaurants.
- A diet calendar to see your calories consumed and burned.