Mother’s Day is May 13th so we’re focusing on apps for moms this week and there are tons out there – everything from organizing the family schedule to finding recipes to comparison shopping. As a mother of two young kids, I often turn to apps on my smartphone to help with my busy life.
I just had a baby boy three months ago and below are some apps I found useful during pregnancy and that I use now with my baby.
Pregnancy: • 50,000 Baby Names Free: Mom can find the perfect name for her son or daughter and view names’ meanings, origin, popularity and more. Free in Google Play™ for Android devices.
• BabyBump Pregnancy Free: A comprehensive pregnancy app that keeps soon-to-be parents informed about their pregnancy progress and enables sharing the experience with family and friends. Includes a pregnancy countdown, daily information about the baby and pregnancy tips, journal and weight tracking. Free in Google Play for Android devices.
New Baby: • Baby ESP: Mom can keep track of when her baby eats, sleeps or has a dirty diaper. $4.99 in Google Play for Android devices. Free 7-day trial version.
• Sleepy Baby: This app turns mom’s Android phone into a mobile noise maker. She can choose to play lullabies, white noise or nature sounds to soothe her baby to sleep. The app lets her select how long she wants the music/sounds to play and will loop until that time has finished. When she starts the music/sounds, her phone will start a looping animation and will light up a dark room. Free in Google Play for Android devices.
I love taking photos of my new baby and 2 year old daughter. I find it so convenient to use the camera on my phone since it’s always with me and my digital camera isn’t. Plus, I can use the following apps to take photos with unique effects and quickly share them with friends and family.
• Instagram: Allows mom to give her photos a vintage feel by applying a number of filters, making them appear as though taken by an old-school Instant Polaroid camera or Lomography lens. She can then share her filtered photos via Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Instagram and other sharing sites. Free in Google Play.
• FxCamera: Lets mom apply a variety of fun, cool effects to her photographs. Effects include ToyCam, Polandroid, Fisheye, SymmetriCam and Warhol. It also has a color filter to make photos mono (black and white), sepia tone or with a negative effect. Free in Google Play.
• Paper Camera: Mom can use the cartoon and painting effects in this app to take truly unique photos of her kids. $1.99 in Google Play.
Moms – let us know which apps you like best. Happy Mother’s Day!