cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint App of the Week -- Weather Apps

Journeyman

The first day of fall was September 22nd. I’m looking forward to the crisp, cool, autumn weather and pulling out my sweaters and jeans and putting away my shorts – however, I live in Southern California where we’ve been having a heat wave so I often pull out my smartphone to check the weather for the day and upcoming week.

A couple apps that provide current weather conditions, forecast, severe weather alerts and more include:

WeatherBug

Weather Bug.jpg

Free for Android and iPhone

The WeatherBug app features an exclusive neighborhood-level network of stations, providing users with relevant and personalized weather.

Key Features include:

• My Location – Automatically updates your weather information based on the closest weather station to you in your neighborhood through GPS.
  • Interactive Maps – Enjoy multiple map layers such as Doppler radar, humidity, wind speed and more.
  • Weather Cams – View live images from more than 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture of the weather around you.
  • Pin-Point Map Conditions – Press and hold anywhere on the map and drop a pin to view current conditions from our exclusive network of weather stations.
  • Visual Forecasts – Easy to read, at–a–glance displays of essential weather information you need quickly and easily.
  • Video Forecasts – Daily National Weather Outlook video forecasts provided by WeatherBug meteorologists.
  • WeatherBuzz – Receive an alert from WeatherBug and easily share it on your Facebook timeline so your friends and family can ‘Be in the Know.’
  • Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) – DTAs by Earth Networks automatically provide the most advanced weather and lightning-based alerts to severe weather that is moving into an identified area near you. Our Severe Storm Network monitors storm development in real-time, so you can get double the warning time to severe weather such as high winds, hail, heavy rain rates, lightning strikes and tornadoes.
  • Severe Weather Alerts – Alerts from the National Weather Service (NWS) and the exclusive WeatherBug network keep you aware of severe weather conditions at your current and saved locations.

AccuWeather for Android / AccuWeather for iPhone: Free

AccuWeather.jpg

Weatherproof your day for free with these popular features:

• Push notifications for severe weather alerts in the United States.
  • For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms, you will see an orange exclamation point displayed within the location’s current and 15-day screens.
  • Exclusive Lifestyle Forecasts showing how current conditions affect specific health risks or even your favorite outdoor activities.
  • Radar for all of North America and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™.
  • Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
  • Social media sharing so you can share your location’s current conditions, hourly, or 15-day forecasts using the social media apps you installed on your phone.
  • Optional home screen widget displays two-day forecast with severe weather warnings, and time clock – enabled through your device’s operating system.
  • You also get the accurate, local weather forecasts and customization:
  • Accurate and local forecasts for 2.7 million locations worldwide. Forecasts updated each hour with information for the next 15 days – all in 27 different languages.
  • Current weather conditions updated every hour with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® – AccuWeather’s exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple weather conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels.
  • Status bar on the home screen displaying the current temperature for your current or home location.
  • Ability to store an unlimited amount of locations, with up to 10 saved as Favorites.
  • Choice between metric or imperial units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.

What are your go-to weather apps?

4 Comments