Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Navigation and Say It

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Navigation and Say It

How come when I am in Sprint Navigation mode and I select "say it" so I do not need to type, for whatever reason it goes to make a phone call instead of my speaking to tell it a destination I want to go to?

It really is frustrating and annoying

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

The "speak it"option on sprint navigation is suppose to make a call and have you speak the address you are trying to get to.  Its a automated response system.  Once you speak the address then you should be able to go back to sprint navigation>drive to>recent places and the address should be at the top of the list.   I thought the same thing when I first used that option.  I hope this helps

Message was edited by: drms2be

Highlighted
Master

What kind of device you have?.The "Speech Input" feature on Sprint Navigation is only available on devices that supports  Sprint Navigation software Version  v2.8 Premium, V.3.0 and V3.0 Premium. Some of the devices can be upgraded with Sprint Navigation Premium feature  with additonal cost.For more info on additional  features of Sprint Navigation pls visit  http://navigation.sprint.com/devices.html.

Message was edited by: abe2020

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I first got my phone the navigation worked great. Now for the past month or two every time I try to use the "speak it" option of navigator the call is made and connects. I get to tell it what city and state and then I get "sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later, goodbye".

Blackberry 9670

Navigation 2.8

Anyone else having this ongoing problem? Is it my phone or the sprint navigation speak it option that is messing up?

Thanks

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.