cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint PCS Picture Mail

20 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Sprint PCS Picture Mail

Nothing is blocked . . . if I enter so much as one number in the restrictions (ie, allowing text msgs from that number), it blocks ALL my MMS to the phone, even from the number that has permission to send me text msgs . . . the only way I can receive any MMS is not to have any restrictions whatsoever, allowing anyone to text me, opening the potential for spam text msgs . . I have tried everything to fix this, but no luck . . if I want pic attachments to come thru on text msgs, I can not have any restrictions in my setup for my account . . the pics still wind up in my pictures.sprintpcs.com folders, they just don't get forwarded to my phone . . .

Journeyman

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having. I am actually a Sprint employee. I have a quick question, Do you have short code 9000 blocked in your restricted text list?

Journeyman

Has anyone but me noticed that when you have any restrictions on your text messaging, it will not allow any picture mail to come thru, even if the sender's phone number is listed in your restrictions as one that can text your phone?  I am waiting for Sprint "technical support" (sic) to figure out why this happens.  The only way I can receive picture mail is by not having any restrictions whatsoever on my texting, allowing anyone to text me.

Journeyman

bump

Journeyman

does anybody know a way of getting your password reset without it being texted to you?

Journeyman

Sprint does have true picture mail capability! That means Sprint has a picture mail server that stores pictures on your account if you have a picture mail account with your data plan! I don't know about Nextel. If you have picture mail capable phone such as any of the Palm OS Treos 600, 650, 700 and 755, they manager your account on the server right on the phone and any picture mail compatible phone will automatically upload to your picture to the your account  on Sprint's picture mail server! I had a newer Samsung Exclaim phone that did exactly what my Palm Treos did! Of course you can go to the your picture mail account online (pictures.sprintpcs.com) I now use a HTC Touch Pro that does this also. Not many Windows Mobile phones are picture mail compatible. Just because there's a camera on your phone doesn't mean a phone is picture mail compatible in the sinse that I'm talking about!

Master

Here is the direct link;  https://pictures.sprintpcs.com/publiclogin.do

You can also get to it from your account page, In the "My Media & Device" page is a row of tabs "Photos" being one of them.

Journeyman

There is a website you log onto. I am trying to find the website out myself, though!

Journeyman

I also have a sprint phone with no picture mail service, yet my girlfriend sent me a pic. mail. It said to "view media", "reply", "forward", etc.  When I hit view media it said sprint vision charges will apply, I accepted and a url flashed before showing the pic.  Is there a website this photo is on now?  I have gone to my account and tried to find it, but I don't have the url.  I guess we just want to make sure these photos aren't on some website for whoever to see.

Message was edited by: jtwice

Journeyman

daihard wrote:

I hope someone can clarify it for me. You say Sprint does not have true MMS capability. Does that mean you won't be able to send a text message with an attachment (like pictures) to someone by simply specifying his/her phone number, like when you send an SMS? And will the recipient have to click on a URL to view the attached pictures on the Internet instead of viewing them directly on their phones?

TIA

It depends on the phone.

My Blackberry Curve can finally send an MMS to someone (thoughts are that it actually still goes through the Picture Mail servers) but the end result is an MMS like normal to the person you send to.

I am NOT able to get an MMS though without having to go through the link you get via an SMS telling you that you have new Picture Mail and go here to view it.  Supposedly the new Curve, still an 8330 but has an m on the end of it as an 8330m can send and get both ways like normal (again, word is that it will send and get like normal MMS, but still goes through Picture Mail servers so the image can be choppy, or slow to get)

The Palm Pre for example can send and get just like normal (no idea if it routes through PM servers or not, it is transparent if this is the case)