cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Partners with Lookout Mobile Security App - Why?

Highlighted
Wizard

With the recent big announcement of partnership between Sprint and Lookout, what am I missing?  Partnership or not, you still have to go to the Market, download and install it yourself.  And, all you get out of it is the same free version that everyone in the world gets.  When I saw the annoucement, I thought maybe Sprint will make it a permanent part of their app offering like the NASCAR app, but more useful.  Or, provide a discount to the monthly free premium service (or even free) to Sprint customers.  As it turns out..."much ado about nothing".  What a let down.

How about it Sprint?

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

For $2.99/month including backup it's still well worth it.I believe all Sprint was saying it is available through the Market. Not hindered like ATT does to some apps.

Journeyman

This i find funny....just visited a sprint store 3 days ago to have my LG Optimus repaired and when he saw I had lookout installed, he said it was a horrible app, that i can cause my phone to crash...and to never install it again.  WTF??  Now I am confused....

Wizard

you are not confused.  the app is good.  now if you had a task killer app, then that's a different story.  he might be thinking that.

Journeyman

I've had the app for 6 months now on my Evo, never had a problem with it and the phone never crashed

Wizard

I also have the app and does just fine.

Sprint's partnership with Lookout should bring us no-cost Premium Lookout or maybe a dollar monthly to our Sprint costs.

Journeyman

@EpicThunder, I agree that if Sprint is partnered with Lookout then we should get the premium version of the app for free. Suggesting that they should charge an extra dollar a month for the protection is something I'm not down with. Having the app and getting the premium protection is an option.

Journeyman

Ditto to your comment Tanya...I have an Epic which has given me nothing but problems since the horrible over the air update a couple of months ago.  The first time I took my phone in the tech immediately removed my Lookout Mobile Security app and said it causes a lot of problems.  The tech did not ask me for my approval before he removed this. He told me that any phone that comes into their store, Lookout gets removed by the techs without asking permission because it is so horrible.

Journeyman

Yes i totally agree the premium app of look out and other app,s should be free to all sprint customers

Journeyman

Ok all who think the app should be free.....If you buy a laptop, PC, etc...you rece3ive a trial version (which Lookout offers). After that time you need to pay for a subscription.   You expect Sprint to offer this protection for free? There are a lot of companies offering the same app. Is Sprint expected to pay for your choice? Come on...$2.99 a month with backup, browser protection, lost device locating (which works, I tested it), etc is too much to spend? If you buy any product, add ons or extended warranties are an extra expense. Just pay the $36.00 a year and enjoy the protection your device has......

Journeyman

Your tech was an idiot trying to explain his own ignorance...

Journeyman

And your PC/Laptop should come with fre or $1 anti-virus?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.