cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Partners with Lookout Mobile Security App - Why?

Highlighted
Wizard

Sprint Partners with Lookout Mobile Security App - Why?

With the recent big announcement of partnership between Sprint and Lookout, what am I missing?  Partnership or not, you still have to go to the Market, download and install it yourself.  And, all you get out of it is the same free version that everyone in the world gets.  When I saw the annoucement, I thought maybe Sprint will make it a permanent part of their app offering like the NASCAR app, but more useful.  Or, provide a discount to the monthly free premium service (or even free) to Sprint customers.  As it turns out..."much ado about nothing".  What a let down.

How about it Sprint?

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Journeyman

You let techs remove any app without your permission?...WOW

Highlighted
Wizard

JUWIESBOO wrote:

Ditto to your comment Tanya...I have an Epic which has given me nothing but problems since the horrible over the air update a couple of months ago.  The first time I took my phone in the tech immediately removed my Lookout Mobile Security app and said it causes a lot of problems.  The tech did not ask me for my approval before he removed this. He told me that any phone that comes into their store, Lookout gets removed by the techs without asking permission because it is so horrible.

LOL!!!  The techs/reps are absolutely morons.  Lookout does not cause problems.  It is one of the top security product available.  No problem here, but then again, I rooted the phone and removed all the Sprint and Samsung junk to clear up the RAM, made the system faster, etc.  Even removed Sprint's secret Carrier IQ that runs 24/7, but do not show you that its there... Yup!  So, get the Lookout back, cuz trust me, you'll be doomed without it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well to all that have lookout, your being smart! For the ones who think lookout should not be installed on your phone, you just don't want us to have an app that will help us know if an app is safe due to I've already download an app that was on lookout's you'll be sorry list & I uninstalled it til I found out why it came back as a problem & with the chance of my Sprint bill going through the ceiling in false charges I was glad that lookout found that app was a fraud, & yes the app in question is now off the market so don't bother on asking me which app because I cleared my history about it a few months ago, & yes it would have been nice if we would get a discount or something, like even be charged monthly to my Sprint bill would be nice!

Highlighted
Wizard

the point was that sprint made a big deal on that day.  press announcements and also sent direct message to my phone about it.  why made such a big deal about it when sprint users were not getting anything different than all other users of the app?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had the app since i had my Evo (almost a year) works just fine.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.