cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint VPN mobile app - prepaid

Go to solution
Journeyman

Sprint VPN mobile app - prepaid

While traveling this past 4th of July, I was on Put-in-Bay island in Ohio where there was no Sprint signal, therefore, I had to use public wifi in the cafe/restaurants.  I noticed there's a Sprint VPN app and I don't mind paying for any charges to protect my data, but once again, Sprint stuck it to us prepaid customers by not offering this to us - again, we're Sprint customers too and our data is just as important to protect!  I know there are tons of VPN Apps in Google Play Store, but I'd feel more comfortable knowing I'm using a Sprint VPN tunnel rather than some random app by a developer in another country overseeing the protection of my device's data while using public wifi.

Sprint prepaid customer service agents are absolutely clueless regarding Sprint-developed mobile apps and always say they'll forward my suggestion.  WHAT?!? Sprint prepaid exists about 3 years and no one thought to protect our data or even provide a single Sprint mobile app?!?

Who can explain this?!?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Sprint VPN mobile app - prepaid

Hey @JayRizzo, I apologize for the delay and I'll speak to this a little but I'm afraid the answer isn't one that will be all that satisfactory.  Our Prepaid agents don't have the power to compel the people who make these decisions to come over here and answer.  Frankly, neither do I, but I can shed a little insight into situation.

Sprint Forward or Sprint Prepaid service, like other prepaid services are designed as basic services for customers who aren't looking for more expensive add-ons or who prefer to customize their own experience by choosing those extras from others available in the market. Premium services and features like Secure WiFi unfortunately also include premium costs. 

I get why this is important to you.  While it may be added in the future, I can't promise that it will be.  If it's something you require in your wireless carrier, I would encourage you to take it into consideration when shopping for services.  I don't want to see you leave, for sure, but do think it's important to be realistic when considering what's on offer with prepaid versus more expensive but more robust postpaid offerings.

Now the My Sprint app may be slightly different but I have to say _may_ because there isn't information available about it at present.  We launched My Sprint this spring and it's still in it's burn-in/feature add period.  We also launched My Boost over on that side later in the spring and I believe may be in the process of relaunching the VMU app as well.  These are pretty massive undertakings.  I know that priority number one is making it easier for every customer to manage his or her account on their own, so while I cannot promise, I would suspect that we will eventually develop a version of the My Sprint app designed for prepaid. If I am right, I'll be involved in the launch and will absolutely talk about it here on Community.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Update:  19OCT2017

Another WIN for Sprint Prepaid/Forward!!!

After pushing and escalating our security concerns -- really helped that October is Cyber Security Awareness Month, the mobile app, Sprint Secure WiFi, is now available for Sprint prepaid customers because the security of our data is just as important as post-paid customers.  

I can only speak as an Android customer, but if you've downloaded the app and DO NOT see the "Buy" and "Subscription" buttons, you'll need to re-program your phone with the typical ##72786#, then the buttons will appear.  While I was at it, I powered-down my Galaxy S7 Edge and cleared the cache.

Thanks Community!!!

Community Manager

I'm so glad to hear that you're pleased!

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.