Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint - quit putting apps on our phones that we can't remove

Journeyman

Sprint - quit putting apps on our phones that we can't remove

My phone cam with apps pre-installed that I can't remove. This is just stupid. It is a horrible customer experience. I think offering the apps is a GREAT customer experience - just put them in the lounge so that those of us that want them can get them. That would be a huge benefit of Sprint service. But pre-installing nascar, nfl, amazon, peep, footprints and other stuff on my phone and not allowing me to remove them is a horrible customer experience. It frustrates me to the point of wanting a different carrier. Come on, Sprint, you can do better than this....

58 REPLIES 58
Journeyman

NASCAR is not in any way equivalent to the windows start button.

These apps are updated which means that their files are updateable.

The space they use when not in system memory is not the issue - it appears you've entirely missed the point of why people don't want to have a device with horrible battery life to begin with to be updating NASCAR and draining their resources/bandwidth/slowing the system.

There is no reason I should have to give the nastards any personal info at all, but when you look at what in and other apps like the completely asinine Nova give themselves rights to, you should be concerned if you have any clue whatsoever.

Journeyman

Rooting your phone is the correct answer...you will not however void your warranty because the phone can be unrooted also....lets get it right people.

Journeyman

I fully agree, if I am paying a hundred plus for a phone I should be able to delete this filth

Journeyman

Yes please encourage Sprint to give us the ability to uninstall "bloatware" apps.  I would rather uninstall them without having to "jailbreak" my phone with Titanium Backup or some similar app.

Master

ECURRAN3 wrote:

Yes please encourage Sprint to give us the ability to uninstall "bloatware" apps.  I would rather uninstall them without having to "jailbreak" my phone with Titanium Backup or some similar app.

It has been heard and is being implemented, new phones going forward are going to have this ability (The EVO 3D already does), as already posted above, in the exact post you responded to...

Some already launched phones may get updates to allow these apps to be uninstalled, but Sprint is not going to spend time going back and updating every Android phone we have ever released for this, it simply costs too much to develop each maintenance release, test it, and deploy it. New phones going forward that are due to get updates anyway to fix other issues will most likely have this added, older phones that aren't already slated for updates won't.

This battle has already been fought and won. Requesting the ablility now is pointless as it is already being done now.

Journeyman

By Rooting your phone you VOID your warranty!

Journeyman

Where do you get it? Is it in the App Store?

Master

There are many different ways to "root" an Android.  Sprint will not support a "rooted" android phone and some ROMs cannot be reversed.  So, yes, procede at your own risk. 

Here are some sites you can check out.

http://www.xda-developers.com/

http://androidforums.com/

Journeyman

Right on.  How about an ala cart plan where I don't have to have (or pay for) some lame Nascar thing, that horrible media hub, sprint ID, QIK video....please

Journeyman

So can we bring in our phones that have the pre-installed Apps in & ask a Tech to un-install the preinstalled using the Sprint ID you mentioned? Or do we have have to wait for upgrades & then buy the newer phones without the preloaded Apps? I would think Sprint would allow us to buy the newer phones at a very reduced price or reduce the months left waiting to upgrade. Afterall, we did not ask for the Apps. Allow us customers to choose the Apps we want, afterall we're paying for them anyway.

Journeyman

Android ICS has an ability to disable system app from settings. Hope Sprint will updated to ICS on my EVO.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.