cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop forcing useless or annoying apps on your customers

Highlighted
Journeyman

Stop forcing useless or annoying apps on your customers

Sprint - I'm already paying for the family package and the phones; you're not going to make any more money forcing this crap on me.

I'd rather have the space on my phone for things I WANT to have there.

Give us a way to get rid of these annoyances.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Even with the pre-installed applications - there is still space on your phone for things that you want to have on it. Pre-installed applications are not forced on you - you have a choice - there is a way to get rid of "these annoyances" - the Samsung Google Nexus S is a pure Google phone - free from all 3rd party applications. Sprint wants your phone to be a perfect fit for you. If you would have expressed your concerns with pre-installed applications prior to purchasing your phone with your sales person - I'm sure that they would have sold you the Nexus S. I'm sorry for your inconvenience here - if you are still within your first 30-days you can exchange your phone at the point of sale for a Nexus S. If not - like mentioned - there is still a ton of space for your applications on the phone, the pre-installed applications hardly limit you from installing the applications that you want on your phone. I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Surprisingly quick reply and a good effort, but no help. Salesperson pushed the HERO and never mentioned a Samsung! Also stated I had full control over apps and accassories - perhaps a training issue? Why can't I have what I want on a phone I paid for and own? You never addressed this.

The sports features are no added value as they cover nothing I'm interested in. I also never agreed to any access to my phone data these parasites may try to reach.

Bottom line - I guess I got poor customer service up front and a weak justification of why I should like it on the end.

Highlighted
Journeyman

check out this article that was posted today, Sprint does activley listen - I would bet that these Community forums played a part in this decision to scale back bloatware on smartphones.

read the article at this link.

Cool move Sprint, thanks for listening - it's a nice feeling for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint, so much for the hype, how about less talk and more action: clean the bloat ware from my EVO 4G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.