cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's APPvice! Kindle for Android and Blackberry

Sprint Product Ambassador

Oh Kindle APP, how I love thee! Yes, that IS how I feel about Kindle. 

Reading books has been revolutionized!  Over 620,000 Kindle Books are literally at our fingertips, including 109 of 112 New York Times® Best Sellers.  Kindle apps allow you to download samples of books for free so that you can decide if you want to buy.  It is so convenient and simple to be able to download a Kindle book to many different devices.  For me personally, I read my Kindle books on my computers, iPad, iPod Touch, Sprint Blackberry Bold, and now… my Sprint Android device… HTC EVO 4G (looks gorgeous).

The Kindle App is free and can be downloaded in Android Market by searching for “Kindle” or by scanning the QR Code with your Android barcode scanner.

qrcode.png

Blackberry user? You can download the app by visiting “amazon.com/kindlebb” in your Blackberry Browser.

The Kindle for Android App went live on June 28, 2010.  It allows you to read in landscape or portrait, adjust the brightness of the screen, change the background color of the reading screen, as well as adjust the font size.  Future enhancements are coming to the app, allowing for full-text search  as well as purchasing from within the app.

2010-07-01-132506.png

Reading Kindle books on multiple devices is a beautiful convenience.  After you install the app, you wil need to log in and register with your Amazon account.  Via Whispersync technology, you are able to access your Kindle books, notes, highlights, and bookmarks.

bkindle.png

Example… I’m currently reading, “Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future” by David Wolfe.  I opened it on my Sprint HTC EVO 4G and the app remembered the last page I read from when reading it on my iPad the night before.  I then opened it on my Sprint Blackberry Bold and it took me to where I left off on the EVO.  My, what a smart, SLICK APP!

bkindle2.png2010-07-01-132647.png

Both of these Kindle apps look fabulous and are a cinch to read… very easy on the eyes.  I highly recommend installing Kindle for Android and Kindle for Blackberry.