cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's Appvice! Local News, Weather, and More

Sprint Product Ambassador

logo_lsn_sm.pnglsn_logo.png

Information junkie?  In today’s busy life, most of us are.  We CRAVE  knowledge & news.  Wouldn’t it be helpful to be able to both watch and read your local news from your phone?   No longer a need to be in front of the TV or buy a paper, with “Local News, Weather, and More”  by LSN Mobile, you can keep informed of your local news, wherever and whenever… at your leisure.

With the continuous improvement of unit functionality and data speeds, mobile media is on the rise.  LSN Mobile does a fantastic job of growing in this space by offering news in over 220 markets.  Chances are, your local market is covered by this app! 

“Local News, Weather, and More” offers the following features…

· Time Stamped News stories

· Weather

· Sports

· Flight Tracker

· Horoscope

· Lottery

· Local Movie Times

· News Video (pre-recorded and live)

· Photo Slideshows

· School Closings

snap20100624_121253.jpg

I spoke with Lee Durham, LSN Mobile CEO, who told me they have been providing news on Sprint handsets in the Mobile WAP space for over five years.  He is very excited about “Local News, Weather, and More” on our 4G network, as am I! 

On that note, imagine watching your local news on a brilliant screen streaming over 4G! (which is just what I did…)

2010-06-28-152446.png

In my home market, there were three news sources available…. an NBC affiliate, FOX affiliate, and a Spanish one.  (Nice that there is a Spanish option)

Viewing the streaming news worked beautifully over 4G on the EVO.  It also looked great on 3G, as well as over Wifi.  In all three tests, it streamed seamlessly.  Very nice!  So, if you don’t have 4G yet in your market, don’t let that stop you from installing this app, as Sprint’s dependable 3G network offers speeds that work quite well for “Local News, Weather, and More.”

The app currently works on Android devices and can be installed for free by searching for “Local News, Weather, and More”  in the market.   You can also scan the QRCode below with your Android barcode scanner... 

lsnqrcode.png

Good news for Blackberry users! A BB version will be released later this summer that will work with Sprint Blackberry devices.