Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Sprint Navigation Premium???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Upgrade to Sprint Navigation Premium???

Hi:

I currently have a Blackberry Curve 8330 with the Simply Everything Plan, which I've had for almost 2 years now.

I was a little bit lost while driving yesterday so I used Sprint Navigation v2.8 to get home. When I got home, I checked the Sprint Navigation Main Menu again and noticed another "option" that said "Upgrade to Sprint Navigation Premium". I clicked on it just to check it out and is said something about upgrading to Premium, which included "speech input, weather and commute alerts for $4.99/month".

I thought that "Simply Everything" users had Sprint Navigation Premium included in their plans. Am I right or is this a "Real Premium" feature?? All I've seen on the web and/or message boards is that the Premium Feature is $9.99/month so I found the following to be strange:

- I just noticed this yesterday after almost 2 years of usage.

- A price of $4.99, which I haven't read anywhere

Has anyone seen something similar??

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Upgrade to Sprint Navigation Premium???

I actually had not heard of Sprint Navigation Premium either until I read your post, and can't find it anywhere among the add-on buy-ups, so yes, my guess is too that it is a premium service that's only available if you already have Sprint Navigation and if your phone supports it.  E.g., I see it as an option on the Epic, but not on the Palm Pre.

The Simply Everything plan only includes the $9.99 Sprint Navigation buy-up, so no, it's not "simply everything."  😉

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Upgrade to Sprint Navigation Premium???

The Navigation Pro option didn't show up until this last Navigation update.

When you click on the Upgrade link this shows up:

Get peace of mind while you drive with top-of-the-line features:

- Speed Traps

- Traffic Cameras

- Lane assist on freeways

- Speed Limits as you drive

Upgrade to Premium for only $4.99/month

Personally, I use the navigation FREQUENTLY (I had 8 trips in 8 weekends recently) and I'm not sure I want to pay for those options.. if they are the ONLY differences, I'm sticking with the basic navigation!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.