cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing ESPN3 on a tethered laptop

Journeyman

Viewing ESPN3 on a tethered laptop

Hi folks,

I just got my Evo and love it! I'm viewing the World Cup on SprintTV and it occurred to me that I could watch it on a larger screen by activating the wifi hotspot and watching it on my laptop. When I brought up ESPN3 on my laptop, though, it told me that my Internet provider is not supported. Is there a way to watch ESPN3 on my laptop via my phone?

6 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Viewing ESPN3 on a tethered laptop

there is no way around this... this is a restriction ESPN has put on...they want the ISP's to pay so that their customers can access ESPN3...

Journeyman

I do use charter ISP at home. I wonder if I can use that login on ESPN3. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for your answer.

Journeyman

Since Charter Customers have access, what you do is go to ESPN3.com using your Charter connection. Once there click on the "Remote access" link and then follow the instructions to associate it with your ESPN.com profile.  what this will do is give you access to espn3 as long as you are signed in with your ESPN.com profile..

Journeyman

Wow, great info, I'll try that today when I get back home. Once I have the "remote access" associated with my ESPN account, will I be able to stream ESPN3 over a tethered connection?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes...You will be able to use it anywhere as long as you are logged in with the ESPN account....

I watch ESPN3 all the time over the Sprint 4G network since I've done the remote access thing..be glad Sprint's data is unlimited because it uses a lot of data...

Journeyman

So I didn't hear any announcements, but ESPN 3 is now available on the sprint network for me as a supported provider! Very cool!

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.