Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Go to solution
Journeyman

Voicemail

Hi. I have an EVO and ever since I got it its been working great. The only thing is when someone.leaves me a.voicemail I can't listen to it. It tells me through a text message that so and so has left me a.voice sms message and.to call 650-603-0000 to listen to it. Everytime I call that number I get a busy signal no matter what time of day. I am not signed up for voicemail to text. This makes no sense to me because the actual voicemail application that came with the phone worked for about the first 2 weeks. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

So after weeks and countless hours of trying to figure out what was happening I figured it out. I wanted to responde with the solution for others who may have the same problem in the future. I downloaded Handcent which is a text messaging app that allows more customization then the text messaging app that came with the EVO. When I downloaded it I had changed some settings I was not aware of. Handcent uses MIUI (not exactly sure what that is) but Sprint does not support it. This is what was interfering with my voicemail. So the solution to fix this problem? Go to settings>apps>manage apps (make sure you are veiwing all apps)>voicemail> clear data. After I did this I left 2 voicemails on my phone and was able to listen to them. This was one of two options I found could fix the problem through a google search. The second option was to use the visual voicemail compose screen and send it to activate@vvm.sprint.com with a couple of seconds of a recording. Option one worked for me and seemed to work for others who were having the same problem through the google search I did.

If anyone has this problem try option one first, It did not delete and old voicemails I had when I cleared the data. After I cleared the data I was able to listen to voicemails from last week.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

alp20419, are you using Google Voice or another voicemail system/app? I'd like to check into your settings on our end. If you would please reply to my private message so that I can look at it for you. Thanks.

Journeyman

Hi . sorry im answering to late . No i have Youmail . i dl it from the market . thank u

Journeyman

There are times where I receive voicemall and sometimes I can't listen to it and giving trouble to create a password

Honey116751,

Youmail can interfere with your voicemail. to diasble that you can dial *38 on your cell phone. Also you may want to uninstall youmail. If you still have any problems, please send me a private message and I would be glad to check your account.

Thanks,

Ray

Journeyman

all of these suggestions have done nothing for me. Wasnt sure if I had Youmail or what that is. But I did dial *38 and it beeped twice and hung up. I called from another phone and left a voicemail but still cant listen to it. This 650-603-0000 number I am beginning to beileve is not a real number. Could I really be the only person in the sprint communitty having this problem? Is there a * number I can call to listen to my voicemail or an alternate way to listen to it maybe even online without having signed up for the google voice? When I was with AT&T i could dial *1 to listen to my voicemail. I am starting to become very frustrated with this whole situation and this makes me want to switch back to AT&T, the whole reason I got with sprint was because of the EVO but the IPhone with AT&T is beggining to look very appealing.

Master

Sorry for the inconvenience. I’ve sent you a private message so that we can resolve the voicemail issue.

Abe

Journeyman

So after weeks and countless hours of trying to figure out what was happening I figured it out. I wanted to responde with the solution for others who may have the same problem in the future. I downloaded Handcent which is a text messaging app that allows more customization then the text messaging app that came with the EVO. When I downloaded it I had changed some settings I was not aware of. Handcent uses MIUI (not exactly sure what that is) but Sprint does not support it. This is what was interfering with my voicemail. So the solution to fix this problem? Go to settings>apps>manage apps (make sure you are veiwing all apps)>voicemail> clear data. After I did this I left 2 voicemails on my phone and was able to listen to them. This was one of two options I found could fix the problem through a google search. The second option was to use the visual voicemail compose screen and send it to activate@vvm.sprint.com with a couple of seconds of a recording. Option one worked for me and seemed to work for others who were having the same problem through the google search I did.

If anyone has this problem try option one first, It did not delete and old voicemails I had when I cleared the data. After I cleared the data I was able to listen to voicemails from last week.

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.