cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We can use apps "EASY TETHER" for evo sprint smartphone to get an internet access for computer without paying "extra" monthly payment. "IS IT LEGAL OR NOT LEGAL"

Master

Re: We can use apps "EASY TETHER" for evo sprint smartphone to get an internet access for computer without paying "extra" monthly payment. "IS IT LEGAL OR NOT LEGAL"

Tethering capabilities do come stock on almost all phones, But in order to use it per the terms you need to subscribe. Sadly Sprint will only allow it for consumer customers on phones with the built in hotspot, Business customers can add it(PAM-Phone as Modem) on any device that is capable.

Journeyman

Re: We can use apps "EASY TETHER" for evo sprint smartphone to get an internet access for computer without paying "extra" monthly payment. "IS IT LEGAL OR NOT LEGAL"

Thats what I meant to say.  Cause when you tether you are giving you other devices internet access for free.  Sprint does not allow you to do this.  You will have to activate the Hotspot for the $30 a month.  If you root/jailbreak and tether your phone, you are then stealing the data from Sprint.  In turn, this is also stealing bandwidth from other SPrint customers who are paying the same rate as the customer stealing it.  It is then sucking down potential bandwidth from other customers and one of the reasons I am getting 200kbps and why I now pay a $10 premium charge.

Journeyman

technically no it is not stealing because the phone could be using the same bandwidth. that is why it is bs to charge extra for this service. almost all european carriers dont as well as tmobile usa. its all the same pipe what goes down a smartphone is no different than what goes down a computer.

Journeyman

If its against Sprints policy to do this and people still do this, then its Stealing.  People think they are entitled to it because they have "unlimited data."  This is one of the reasons why other carriers went to the capped options.  This helps eliminate the tethering of these devices.  If someone only had 2 or 4GB a month, Sprint probably wouldnt care if you tether because they would get money for your overages.  AndI'm pretty sure I can use more GB's surfing the net on my computer over my phone.  And Im not even going to go into the wireless tethering other people do allow them to connect multiple devices at once

Wireless spectrum requires massive amounts of bandwidth for millions of different applications and users so sprint would need a lot bandwidth to be able to handle a heavier load.

Journeyman

For the thread technically it's wrong. Although I don have a problem with carriers not being held to enough standards that they place on customers.

You are getting 200kbps because sprint has done a crap job of handling their network for years. Backhaul, equipment, investment, etc. The number of people who tether without paying is relatively small. Other carriers deal with it also. Wouldn't be fair to compare Sprint to a HSPA+ network so I won't. But Verizon sure doesn't average 200kbps on their 3G network.

Journeyman

We can use apps "EASY TETHER" for evo sprint smartphone to get an internet access for computer without paying "extra" monthly payment. "IS IT LEGAL OR NOT LEGAL"

I use my Motorola Photon Android phone as a tethering device for my Kindle Fire, since the Kindle Fire only has Wi-Fi and not 3G. If I'm within Wi-Fi range I don't need to tether, but some places don't have Wi-Fi so I have to tether to use the 3G to surf the internet, check emails, etc. as well as read my vast library of books.

Journeyman

How do you use your Photon to tether if Sprints does not support tethering of devices?

Highlighted

Cartman wrote:

How do you use your Photon to tether if Sprints does not support tethering of devices?

To be able to tether off Photon you have to activate Mobile Hotspot for $29.99 per month.

Journeyman

Sprint are lame, You can tether all you want if you aren't blatant about it. If you tether and expect fast while downloading huge files or gaming your going to get hammered.

Did you not know that all the local provider is not sprint? if you catch the IP of the local trunk box your hardwire or wireless signal comes from it isnt sprint, right? so if you know other telecomm operators have methods for monitor of data flow....uh huh.

Think about it, have you ever seen a truck with a work platform or linemans tools on it? I sure haven't. Sprint are a mockup bunch of punks with alot of different contracts in areas of the lower 48. If you compared the customer service reps and the amounts of depts they have that only relate to account collections versus what they REALLY can actually do over the systems they run...its almost a joke to anyone with half an ounce of common sense to think they are even legit.

Sprint can barely trouble shoot the devices they sell, they can barely reset the IP address without making concession to the local telecomm operation that they have contracts with because....well you figure it out, it isn't rocket science by any means.

Theres tons of droid apps for masking IPs anyways, all your doing on this form is telling them the methods you plan to use.

This reply is a general knowledge wake up call, not directed at any one person or member, I should be booted off this server soon as it is. Lucky if anything I post stays up at allSmiley Happy

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.