cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Restriction (Parental Control) - Does this feature work properly for anyone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Web Restriction (Parental Control) - Does this feature work properly for anyone?

I have activated web restriction on my daugther's phone, and it blocks almost the entire internet, including Disney.com. There is something obviously wrong, and I have a support ticket open.

If I turn off web restriction, I can surf anywhere I want to. But when I turn it on, the only websites I've been able to browse to is the Vision.SprintPCS.com portal, and from that Hotels.com. Every single other website is blocked.

If anyone could test this, I'd really like to know how it works on your phone.

To test it on your phone, go to My Account, then My Preferences tab, then under "Limits and Permissions" click on "Restrict Wireless Web Access" (or perhaps I just pasted a direct link, not sure).

FYI, Web Restriction is different from Data Blocking. Web Restriction is supposed to prevent you "from visiting mobile Websites and Web services innappropriate for children," while Data Blocking prevents all data access.

For full details on Web Restriction see this page:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Restrict_Wireless_Web_access_using_My_Sprint/case-wh164052...

"Note: You cannot block or restrict Wireless Web Access for smartphones or Nextel phones online." (from the documentation linked above)

We'll start a list:

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Web Restriction (Parental Control) - Does this feature work properly for anyone?

RutDog wrote:

If anyone could test this, I'd really like to know how it works on your phone.

89 views and no takers? Really?

At least I have the Sprint top tier techs admitting it's an issue now. They are working with some network admins in a cave somewhere to see if they can tweak the filter.

Journeyman

Re: Web Restriction (Parental Control) - Does this feature work properly for anyone?

I am having the same issue with a LG Rumor Touch.  Did you ever hear back from Sprint if it was resolved?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.