Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

carrier iq

Highlighted
Journeyman

carrier iq

hey sprint if you quit installing junk like

http://www.carrieriq.com/

and just build a system that works maybe it wouldnt take 2 months for you to have a gold canadate for release.

idk i mean maybe striping out the bs that has no right being there in the first place would make it easier to release a new rom in idk 2 months for this device.

i mean the company that operates it is sleezy enough

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/carrier-iq-sues-treve/

i dont trust anyone with as much info as they can gather and the ways they go to gather. thank god for root and custom roms with this garbage removed

50 REPLIES 50
Highlighted
Journeyman

bsoa that is not completely true that is 1 part of it. that doesnt stop the logging that only stops the transmittal service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm suprised: are you in Sprint or carrier IQ payroll? It seems that you are working hard to defend the program which people have no faith in and is forced into their phone without there will. Whether there is a justification for its presence or not, the end user should have an abilitity to uninstall the program. It is just simple.

Nobody was informed prior to the phone purchase that the device [indeed] contains the carrier iq program. Such practice is outrageous.

Maybe your privacy does not matter to you but to some of us is a big deal.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint should release the list of devices without the carrier IQ/other tracking programs/bloatware so a consumer can make a fair decision on buying the devices.

We all pay for the phones, so why are we forced to have stupid programs installed without option to remove them. If smartphones were free...but they are not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is awesomeness!! Thank goodness for rooting!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I upgraded from my Nextel Blackberry to the Epic 4 a year ago. I was activating the phone at the store with Sprint's associate they just passed the phone over to me to type in my google email password. So I didn't even see the notification that this root kit was going be running in the background.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is no notification at all that Carrier IQ is running in the background of the phone at all.  There is NO terms you have to accept on the phone itself it's just there.  Now regardless of what Sprint's come out and said about it in their TOS this is total bullshit.  Either give us a way to turn this software off or remove it period.  None of these metrics are going to help a carrier and if they are I would like to see the proof of it doing so period.  Then again that information will never be provided and if it is I'd like to see the test done from a 3rd party that has no affil with Sprint doing the report.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint we all want a way to get this [...]off now!!!!!!!!!! Fix this problem or you will be bankrupt with the mass exodous of customers.

Of course, we will not get any response with all of the numerous lawsuits filed and the senate getting involved.

Message was edited by: mapesy who removed profanity

Highlighted
Journeyman

Memo to Sprint: you may have finally, at last, found a way to chase a loyal customer since 1997 away. If within 30 days, a patch that removes this malware from my equipment isn;t posted, and an announcement made from Sprint that any and all files collected have been destroyed, I will begin moving my 7-device account to verizon. This is simply, and totally, unacceptable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

...Just about 140million lawsuits waiting to happen...

Highlighted
Journeyman

wonder if this classifys as a free contract cancelation

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm really amazed that Sprint has not stepped up to address this directly.  They hide behind canned statements that they send out to their customer service reps instead of confronting this head on with a press announcement, an apology, and a means to opt out of this program.  This is total disrespect for the customer base.  We're not all a bunch of raving lunatics; there is good reason to not want this software on phones used for business purposes.  Yes, maybe Sprint doesn't collect all the data that CIQ creates, but that doesn't mean that some hack (now that it is widely known that there are files on phones to grab) won't put out an app or find another way to pull the more detailed data file.  I'm not so worried about what Sprint is doing with the data; I'm worried about what someone else will do with it when they finally figure out how to get to it. 

Come on, Sprint.  Stand up and Man up.  Surely what you gain from CIQ can't be worth more than all the bad press and bad will you are recieving by hiding behind your customer service reps.  Step up, apologize, and take it off our phones. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint employs lots of lawyers. Many of them also work for the government. Do you think they want Sprint to tell the truth?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.