Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

carrier iq

Journeyman

carrier iq

hey sprint if you quit installing junk like

http://www.carrieriq.com/

and just build a system that works maybe it wouldnt take 2 months for you to have a gold canadate for release.

idk i mean maybe striping out the bs that has no right being there in the first place would make it easier to release a new rom in idk 2 months for this device.

i mean the company that operates it is sleezy enough

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/carrier-iq-sues-treve/

i dont trust anyone with as much info as they can gather and the ways they go to gather. thank god for root and custom roms with this garbage removed

50 REPLIES 50
Master

Not sure how this got put there. I moved it to apps. My apologies.

Journeyman

This sounds like Sprint wants to burry this can't figure out where to put this thread.  Moving it all over the place as well.  As Blackash has said this is not a rant or a rave this is an issue with a program that YOU SPRINT has added into your phones that users are NOT AWARE of.  Actually let me re phrase that that "Mom and Dad Users" are not aware of.  Keep trying to burry things on this site mods and more will be made period.

Journeyman
Journeyman

I am seriously thinking about selling my Android phone and getting an iPhone now... EVen if it's not as good - Apple doesn't [...] you like this... At least I think so....

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

all i have to say is that this is prbly with out a doubt the reason it takes for ever for updates

Journeyman

http://androidsecuritytest.com/features/logs-and-services/loggers/carrieriq/carrieriq-part2/

thats how bad carrier IQ is, and if its on all your phones by the time I can upgrade I will be jumping ship even if you get the best network out of everyone...haha, ok seriously I will move to a different carrier if its on all your high end phones.

Journeyman

its not just on sprint its on pritty much all us carriers except for unlocked international phones like the sgs2 international edition

Journeyman

Well I guess I gotta root then, its almost like I don't have a choice

maybury_86 wrote:

Well I guess I gotta root then, its almost like I don't have a choice

Do not forget if you do root your mobile phone you will void your warranty.

Rooting your mobile phone will void your warranty.

acidic-e- wrote:

What I find funny is that Mr. VorlessDarkChaos over here get hit with some real facts not the BS Sprint and others post on their websites and goes silent.  You can be a "Bronze Expert" all you want but you are a tool if you honestly think that CIQ is not malware or even a rootkit in nature.

Just to add some more fuel to the fire that is Carrier IQ

http://androidsecuritytest.com/features/logs-and-services/loggers/carrieriq/carrieriq-part2/

Oh and this comes from a HTC EVO 3D the phone that Sprint has.  Anyone see a problem with this at all?

I have stop posting in here because I had nothing else to say about subject the at hand.But It is important to go by the cold hard facts and not what you feel or think about it.I just posted what I have found,also you are very wrong about me being a tool.

Wizard

Not a lot of misinformation. Just the headline and lines by the author describing it as Android because thats what the example test reasearch was done on in the video. The author did write this:

"Although Eckhart's data comes from Android devices, it's worth noting  that Carrier IQ's software is running on over 130 million mobile devices  worldwide, including those made by Nokia and Research In Motion."

The XDA article you posted did have much more concrete details. CNET was a laymans casual tech article for the less phone geek-oriented. I'm just glad the info. is getting out there, in whatever venue.

BLACKASH521 wrote:

there is ALOT of misinformation in that article. This carrier iq bs is NOT android specific.

Journeyman

that does not work

Journeyman

void we are going by COLD HARD FACTS... you are the one that is denying the cold hard facts by saying things like you are. these are proven facts with video evidence. and at mgman61 no they turned it inot a sensationalist android article with a rehash on what was actually happening well after the shock factor for the average reader.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.