cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"My Sprint Launcher Download" Fail Fix

Go to solution
Journeyman

"My Sprint Launcher Download" Fail Fix

I've been getting this error for two days now, not sure what it is or why it's doing it, but it keeps failing to DL and trying like every 5 minutes. It smells like spyware or worse. I have no clue how to stop or clear it out. I have a gal S7 most up to date OS. Any clues on how to rid this stupid thing?. Any help would be much appreciated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: "My Sprint Launcher Download" Failed

Steves523, this could be caused due to connectivity issues. Are you experiencing any problems with the internet connection?

Please try these steps;

1. Tap the Settings icon.
  2. Scroll to and tap System Update.

3. Tap Update Profile.

4. Once the profile update is complete, tap OK

Restart the device and let me know if the issue persists.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

No, it's not an connection issue. The app just keeps failing to install. I've even stopped the Mobile Installer service and it still keeps trying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I try the steps you gave me above, I get an error (Error: Connection Error (6621))

I am connected to WiFi and Cell.

Master

Steves523, if you tried the update while connected to WiFi, try doing it just connected to the Sprint data network. Lets check if its an app issue. I would like you to please enable the ''Safe Mode'' on the device following these steps;

1. With the device powered off, press and hold the Power key.
  2. Note: To power the device off, press and hold the Power key, tap Power off, then tap Power off again to confirm.
  3. Release the Power key when the device turns on, then as soon as the SAMSUNG logo appears, press and hold the Volume Down key until the device finishes starting up.

4. Swipe screen to unlock device.

5. The device is now in safe mode.

Use it for a bit, to check if the error message persists. Then,

1. swipe down the Status bar.
  2. Tap Safe mode enabled.

3. Tap RESTART NOW.

When the phone turns on, clear the cache and data for the app by going to

Apps icon > Settings > Applications > Application Manager (Locate the app) Tap Storage. Tap CLEAR CACHE.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I have done this and My Sprint Launcher is still giving me problems on my Galaxy S7. Is there anything else I can try? It never used to do this, but once I downloaded the latest update a couple of day ago, it has been giving me the "My Sprint Launcher Download" failed message.

Sprint Social Care

areyes0213,

Just to confirm, when you downloaded the latest updates, were you able to restart the device? If so, please restart the device and try the steps provided before.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.