Did you mean: 

sprint nascar mobile

SOLVED
Journeyman

sprint nascar mobile

Nice response sounds like a cop out to me

Journeyman

sprint nascar mobile

i also rec'd that message yesterday and about 24-48 hours later you should receive a phone call from one of his people. 

Journeyman

sprint nascar mobile

So agree with everything you said there Colonel_Klink! And you are right about most people with the app already having android phones. But to just shut us down like this with no notice. I can see doing that to knew customers, but to ones who already have it? Totally bogus. This whole thing has been handled badly.

I just heard from Dan. Here is his response.

"Thank you for taking the time to write to me.

A representative from my office will be contacting you.

Once again, from all of us at Sprint, thank you."

Dan Hess

CEO

Sprint

Journeyman

sprint nascar mobile

This is a big deal - so many people won't notice till next week though. Supposedly 90% of the NASCAR app users were Android already. We need to let them know that the 10% aren't happy with this move. If it was to be phased out that would be OK but to remove existing devices is nonsense and ill conceived. After all, Sprint fought to be the only wireless company in the NASCAR world and now they turn their back on anyone without an Android phone. Later in the year they say iPhones will be supported but if you don't have an Android or an iPhone you don't count. What level of management made this decision? Do you think Dan even knew, probably not. Does he care, guess we will see.I guess we are to expect nothing to be included and we won't be disappointed. Sprint TV loses channels left and right. ESPN alerts are removed. The NFL app goes to Verizon. We lose premier, unlimited data on data cards, slow 4G rollout and now NASCAR. I can understand some of the business decisions but how much would it have cost to leave the older devices on their current platform and phased out over time.

Journeyman

sprint nascar mobile

I sent Dan a letter as well, let's see if we get any replies.

Journeyman

sprint nascar mobile

I just sent " 'Ole Dan" a letter. A long one at that. And I did mention that no one but 2 out the 11 people I talked to knew about it and that no notification had been sent either in the bill or by text messages.

I doubt I'll hear back but you never know.............!

Journeyman

sprint nascar mobile

it took about a day, but they did call me back.  She did say it was a company wide decision.  i forgot to explain to her that even the cust. reps didn't even know about this. i also informed her that nothing is on the website about this.

Journeyman

sprint nascar mobile

Will do grimtomb1, let's see if we can get ole' Dan to reply! :-)

Highlighted
Journeyman

sprint nascar mobile

to all reading this.  the lady i am talking to on the phone right now states that i am the 1st person who has brought this up, go and email dan@sprint.com.  this is the president of sprints customer feedback email.  let them know that you are not happy about this and voice your concerns.  if enough people do this maybe we can get them to change.  let your fellow race fans and friends who are affected by this know. Let's get this started.

Journeyman

sprint nascar mobile

i had sent an email to sprint here on this sight when i first found out about this situation.  i rec'd an email back and was told to contact technical support.  the gentleman i talked to was real helpful in trying to figure this out.  everyone is correct in the fact no one in cust. support even knows about the app not working except for the android.  The tech guy did some research and informed me that as of today it only works for Android, but he told me to email dan@sprint.com and explain the situation and wait for a reply,  i am now waiting to find out what they say.