cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

twitter issues with LG Rumor Touch

Highlighted
Journeyman

twitter issues with LG Rumor Touch

About two weeks ago I upgraded to an LG Rumor Touch, mostly because of its easy social networking capabilities. I actually do love the new phone, but after downloading my Twitter account to the SN applications, it has not worked since the first day. When hit the Twitter icon I receive a notice that a network error has occured and that it could not connect. Has anyone else experienced this sort of issue??

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: twitter issues with LG Rumor Touch

Yes, I just purcashed my phone on Friday and when I opened the Twitter application it said there was a newer version available, I updated it and then it worked for a few minutes and now it doesn't work at all.  I get the same network error message. Anyone know how to fix this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No one seems to know....Sprint says that it is an issue with the app (which makes sense). I ended up circumvating the issue by using my browser for Twitter and making it my landing page....works just the same. I guess that when the upgrade came through it crashed the system and it hasn't worked since. However, I still can't believe that no one seems to know anything about it!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. I purchased this phone this week and, as you all stated, I logged in once when I first got the phone and the twitter app hasn't worked since. This problem really may cause me to get a new phone because I definitely didn't pay for something on the phone that I liked not to be working properly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got this phone last week and have been experiencing the same problem.  However, it didn't ask me to download the update until I had already logged in the first time, and the app actually worked...until I logged in again.  Now it just hangs at 99%.  I called Sprint for a different issue and decided I would mention it while I was on the phone.  The rep told me to uninstall and reinstall it, and I thought that was a good solution and didn't think anything more about it until I actually tried to do it and found out (a) there is no app to download and (b) I can't figure out where the controls for the app are because it's not actually listed as an app.  I went into the Sprint store to see if they could delete the update because I know for a fact the app actually works without it. This began a 2 hour ordeal of one hand not talking to the other and the technicians not actually hearing about what my real problem was (and maybe at that point they could have told me they couldn't help and save me from wasting an extra hour and a half) and just resetting my phone twice.  This of course did not solve the problem because the update just downloaded again.

I finally got to speak to a manager who explained it was a 3rd party app and there was nothing they could do.  But since I can't figure out where the app is stored to access any settings, I didn't know who the 3rd party was to go to for help. The manager told me it's directly from Twitter. I asked if they had contact information for tech support because the only way to get help from Twitter is to reply to them.  He said no.

I don't understand how they don't have any information at all.  How did the app get on the phone?  It didn't just magically appear.  There has to be contact information for how it got there.  As I'm reading these forums, this has obviously been going on for months, but it is not listed as a known issue on Twitter's help site.  They do have an address listed on the website and I will send a letter and see if anything comes of it.

In the mean time I am using the already-mentioned solution of just setting Twitter as my web homepage, but I prefer the interface of the app and would like it back at some point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had the same issue. I've had the phone for about 3 months now, and still no fix.

The Twitter app comes with the phone, and is therefore an LG software issue. I contacted Sprint, and they told me the same thing - it's a 3rd party app and to uninstall and reinstall. But that won't work because it's not a 3rd party app to the phone (just 3rd party to Sprint). So it can't be removed (that I know of). I contacted LG several times about this problem. It took 4 emails before they finally admitted that it was their problem, and that they would report it to the engineers to have it fixed. The first 3 emails either denied the problem, told me to reinstall the app (shows how little they know about their own phones), or told me they recognize the problem but did not say anything about reporting it or trying to fix it.

Obviously I'm not too impressed with LG for their support. They had a chance to really wow the market with the Rumor Touch - it's a fantastic phone. If only they would support it properly and fix problems when they become known.

Time to send another complaint email to LG to get this issue fixed.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.