cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE Columbus Ohio

Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE Columbus Ohio

I Have 5 iPhones on my account. I'm really tired of paying for a service you seem to refuse to offer in my area. We've been waiting for 4 g for YEARS! And then they try to sell me an iPad? There's no way I'm buying an iPad from sprint without the service it needs to run as it should!

Dayton, Ohio area

Journeyman

Somehow I'm alright with not having LTE, even now. It's starting to get past the point where I thought we'd have it, so that patience is waning. What is absolutely unacceptable is the level to which Sprint has allowed their 3g and voice to fall in the city. In Clintonville (close-in neighborhood perhaps 50-100 blocks in size) one major intersection drops my call every time, going on 6 months now. Data in the area is rarely fast enough or reliable enough for Siri or Google Now voice parsing to work. And on the two major highways heading east of downtown my phone often only gets 2g, and with that no usable data connection. This happens every time I'm in the area. It would be unbelievable how poor Sprint's network is if I didn't have to experience it every day. I'm guessing it's a combination of tower hardware failures and backhaul over capacity. But really, who care? I'm paying and they're often failing to deliver basic levels of service.

Journeyman

I am in Grove City Ohio (43221) , Cove Lake Lane & I get 1 bar of 3G service, my Airrave 2.5 does not work properly with the HTC One, and drops calls and fails to send and receive text messages.  Yep, I called their support and I am upgraded to the latest firmware and have the 8,000 sq ft mod enabled.  I am in an area that is supposed to be covered.  Speeds are atrocious, you can't do anything on 3G in columbus the speeds are so bad.  I am currently at:

-107 db (HTC One)

-109 db (Evo LTE) -Don't even get me started on the WiMax speeds)

-106 db (Evo 3D)

-111 (Epic 4g)

-109 (Samsung S3)

I don't even know what to say, my disappointment is beyond words.  I was told by a sales rep (my mistake for believing him) that $g was coming to Columbus this January.  I truly hate this service.

Journeyman

Hi Madman,

I have had trouble with my Galaxy S3 from the start.  What I understood 'data service' to be (I'm on the everything data plan at Sprint) is just that EVERYTHING Data.  THing is, my husband and I on the family plan ( He is an S2)  pay 200.00 dollars a month.  Sadly, we lose data connection quite often.  Tonite as I write this in Columbus Ohio, We have lost data connection on both phones.  Can't get calls, can call out.  I even tried doing the *4 to get a tech person ...hoping that maybe some magic i would be able to talk to a tech person , but even THAT call doesn't go through, or I might get the first few words, then the call drops off. 

I feel that the S3 situation was misrepresented and that I should get money back.  LASt AUGUST, I was told that the LTE would be coming 'soon'.  I think that if it's not there at the moment that it is being promised, it shouldn't be promised... as of now...June 11, 2013... STILL no LTE.  This is Columbus... lots of businesses, and other phone companies... have the LTE.... why not Sprint? ... In COLUMBUS?

THe S3 only has 3g (not even a choice of 4g----the HTC Evo I had before the s3...gave a choice of both... if one wasn't working, you cursored over the other one, and you were in.)  On top of it all, every time the s3 'updates', everything gets tricky to use again... If things don't get better, if I don't quit before the contract is up, I am going to move to another carrier.  I'm really bummed. I've been a Sprint costumer for over 10 years.  I can't even get a call into the *4, *3, NOTHING.... I gave up my landline, because we figured we could count on the SPRINT...So... I guess the next to do is to go talk to my representative and tell them how I feel.

So..... here I go.... Thinking about other carriers..... signing off.

Journeyman

Roxanne6277 I do realize waiting can be long and frustrating!  There has not been an announcement for when we will roll out 4G in your area yet. We do plan to get it in your area as soon as possible. Its certainty not our intensions for you to feel mislead but please understand that these type of upgrades do take sometime.   You can stay updated for further information at http://newsroom.sprint.com/. We do appreciate your patience.

Jazmine

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Peeachediva  I Just want to say I do apologize for the inconvenience!  My first concern is your bill being $200.00. Do you just have the two lines that you mentioned? I also would like to address your dropped calls. Can you please provide me with your cross streets and zip code so I can look into the area for you?  I do see that there is a tower down and would like to see if you are near it. There are a few tickets that were just closed so we may need to do a profile update on your device.

Jazmine

Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yep........all these posts make sense.  I live in zip 43221 in Upper Arlington.  My Iphone 4s started dropping calls out of nowhere about a month ago.  I thought it was the phone getting old.  So, I upgraded and got the new Iphone 5.  It is worse!!!!!!!!

I literally cannot even talk on the phone anywhere in Upper Arlington. The phone drops every single time I am on it. I have resorted to basically not talking at my house or anywhere near it.  The worse part is half the time, the phone says 3 or 4 bars.  Why is a call dropping when there are 4 bars?

This is ridiculous.  Someone told me for the first time today to turn off 4g.  So, I did.  Will this help?  How long will this last.  Ready to give Verizon a call.  This is just ridiculous.  Does not make a whole lot of sense to have a cell phone that you cannot use at your own home.

Journeyman

Bkoops I do understand that when you have a cell phone it should work when ever you go to use it. There were several tickets open in Arlington.  I looked into the area 43221 and the issues that started about a month ago have now been cleared. They were closed a couple of days ago, so you will need to do a ##update#. You can do this from your keypad and entering ##873283# and hit call. This will allow your device to re-sync with the towers. As far as turning your 4G off to boost the signal I have never heard of that I also didn’t find anything regarding it besides it will save battery life,  it never hurts to try though.  Let me know if you have any more questions. We are always here to help.

Jazmine

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is so frustrating.  Sprint needs to credit accounts with discounts if they intend to string their customers along.  I am paying for a high quality service that I am not receiving.  If they can acknowledge that, then lower my bill until the service is up to what we are suppose to be paying for...  You can say Customer Care is important but  you actions don't support you words...

Chris

Journeyman

I have been a Sprint customer for about 20 years. When I switched from a Windows Smart phone with Tethering to an Android Hero (first Android phone on Sprint) they told me instead of paying $40 dollars a month (+30 for tethering) it would now be $70 dollars a month (no tethering) because the phone uses more data. They added a premium data charge to my account when I got an Evo 4g and didn't have a 4g network in my area. I was going to ask for that money back but the network launched in under 2 months after getting the new phone. Sprint has been selling 4g LTE phones in my area (Columbus, OH) for over a year. I currently have 4 phones on my account and 3 of them are 4g LTE. I didn't want to upgrade my phone to 4g LTE because the 4g network was working decent, but my phone was falling apart. I purchased a Quad core phone with 4g LTE (no 4g) and I still get charged for premium data. The Sprint upgrade map doesn't even list Columbus, OH as a future area to receive 4g LTE. As of today there is no 4g LTE coverage in the entire state of Ohio. Ohio is the 7th largest state by population with almost 12 million people. T-mobile, AT&T, and Verizon all have a 4g LTE network in my area. Verizon has had it for over a year and the others have been offering it for a few months. The 7 largest states make up half of the USA population but Sprint doesn't seem to care about offering service in populated areas.

Columbus, GA made the list to get 4g LTE in their area. Why get 200,000 people coverage but not 2,000,000? How can you not even give an estimated time for the network? Don't you think you might get responses from all these people causing you more support issues?

People paying for a service not provided, need refunds on their account, updates on when they will receive coverage, or Sprint is going to get a class action lawsuit and lose a lot of customers to competitors. If I don't see some of this stuff happening soon, I'm going to take all my accounts somewhere else as well. Sprint may have the best price but it isn't a good deal if we don't get what we are paying for...