Did you mean: 

4G LTE Columbus Ohio

Journeyman

4G LTE Columbus Ohio

When will 4G LTE be in Columbus Ohio?

71 REPLIES

Re: 4G LTE Columbus Ohio

CrankandMa,

I checked on this for you. I don't see anything as of yet. It will be rolling out more and more, market by market.

If you can hold on with us you will be able to enjoy those LTE speeds soon enough. More info can be found here > http://bit.ly/zjo7FF

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Instead of giving us an open ended answer and vauge timelines can you provide more detail as to when LTE is at least projected for Columbus Ohio. I ask this due to the fact that the 3G speeds in Columbus are slow and nearly unusable for anything other then checking email and simple text based web pages.

Thanks.

Journeyman

That is a complete load of BS. I have had a 4g phone and I have not even been able to use 4G except for the few times I have drove to columbus! I barely have 3G service in my are and there are multiple towers but yet no matter where I go in my town service is horrible and data speeds are slow. I have been a sprint customer for a very long time and I am fed up with paying $180 a month for service that I can barely use. And no it is not my equipment. It has been tested. Sprint service has gotten worse and worse for the past 3 years and it is completely unacceptable and I am completely embarrassed for refering other people to sprint now. I am seriously concidering looking into having my contract cancelled due to poor service. It is always the same thing. Just hold on a little longer, or ohh I see we are working on a tower in your area.

ROBARMYSGT,

We understand the need to know the information more in detail. However please understand given the magnitude & complexity of network vision it is hard to predict an exact or estimated date. As soon as more information becomes available we do publish it & make it available to all of our customers. In regards to your 3G service, can you elaborate? What data speeds are you experiencing?

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care

THELOFF,

That's not the wireless experience we want you to have. LTE is not the only upgrade that's being done, our entire architecture is being revamped. Our old equipment is being replaced with brand new & innovative architecture. This is expect to provide a better wireless experience by enhancing our 3G & voice service. We wouldn't want to lose you as a customer, allow us to look into the data issues you're experiencing. Do you experience slow data while indoors? Can you provide me with a zip code & cross street? This will allow me to see the specific towers that are delivering your wireless service.

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Upgrades huh? It is always upgrades going on please be patient. Yeah well three years later and my service is worse. 43055 crossroads Sisal St. and Hudson Ave.where I work and constantly miss calls and have texts delayed or take minutes to send a text if they will send. My net strength is -105 dBm (ASU: 4) and I don't have a data reading. Connected to cell tower CID 576892 LAC 3723. ROAMING and I am only a couple hundred feet from a SPRINT tower. VERIZON customers have no problem with service in this building? I am sick of it. When I am standing in a parking lot in the middle of town and it takes me 20 mins to load a simple web page then there is a problem. And don't try to use your phone when you go into a store. Good grief what am I thinking paying $180 a month and expecting to be able to answer my phone or send a text when I go to the grocery store? Sprint is turning into a huge joke.

THELOFF,

Thanks for the information, I don’t see any network outages in that area. I looked at the last 90 days of service for the tower & I do see there have been a total of two outages during that time frame. Just so we can understand, what type of data speeds are you experiencing?

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I just finally got a 3G signal and I have 1743ms (Ping), 0.0 (download), and 22 kbps (upload)

Journeyman

1097ms (Ping)

73 kbps (Download)

62 kbps (Upload)

Completely atrocious!