cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE Coverage in UTAH

Journeyman

4G LTE Coverage in UTAH

Are we ever going to get 4G LTE in Utah? I cannot use the internet unless connected to wifi on my s3, it's either too slow or won't load anything. Anybody know?

229 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH

Chalks,

Thank you for the post regarding service in Utah. If you can provide me with a business address or the nearest intersection and city and zip code so that I can find the closest tower near you and give you a more detailed look at your situation.

Markie_B

Journeyman

When is 4G LTE coming?

I get 3G now of course but I'm paying $10 extra for Premium Data. I would like to be able to use it.

7800 s and redwood

west jordan, ut 84084

GrandMaster

then youre already using the $10 premium data...its not a fee for 4G or they wouldnt be charging this to phones that are NOT 4G capable like the iphone 4S or the blackberry etc.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

wompa,

Thank you for using Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  You can sign up for email updates on LTE in your area by going to http://www.sprint.com/lte.  However, please note that the Premium Data fee is not for 4G services.  The fee that you are charged is specifically for the rich data experience that you receive from any smart phone.  Here is a link to a Sprint Blog regarding premium data services.  Please let me know if I or any of my colleagues can be of further assistance.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

Fergie_B, why charge the premium data feee if there is no premium data? 3G is useless (very SLOW) where I live and 4G is non existant.

Wizard

SUPERTBONE wrote:

Fergie_B, why charge the premium data feee if there is no premium data? 3G is useless (very SLOW) where I live and 4G is non existant.

If you're experiencing slow data on your device, we definitely want to review this.  Can you tell me what kind of device you are using?  Also, if I had a city, state and nearest cross street this would also help me tremendously.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

We have 4G here in Salt Lake City, UT area... why aren't they able to convert those towers over to 4G LTE? and why is there a delay when 4G here was on, I believe the 2nd rollout for Wimax... but none existant for 4G LTE....

Has anyone created a Petition we can sign here in Utah to get the ball rolling??

GrandMaster

the 4G youre talking about is wimax which will be shut down some time in 2015. and seeing as how you guys already have 4G but on the old system dont you think it would be nice for others that NEVER got to try 4G to actually get it?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

The 4g Wimax towers belong to a company called clear wire.  They put up and maintain the towers  Those towers work on a separate frequencies from 4g LTE.

The technology and the hardware are different as well.  Sprint is building its own 4G LTE network Clear is keeping the WiMax towers.  We are doing more to the towers then just adding the LTE service  we are upgrading the entire tower hardware and adding the ability to transmit on both 1900 and 800 Mhz  frequencies.  I can not tell you when you will have LTE  but it is on the way

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.