cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE Coverage in UTAH

Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE Coverage in UTAH

Yea, Sprint is taking a while, I myself live near south farmington, utah. If sprint does not have 4g LTE coverage here by September 2013 I will for sure change carriers. The $10 per month fee for an unusable service is a scam.

Journeyman

What i can't believe is that Sprint is taking 4g to Puerto Rico, Granbury/Hood County (9,000) population that is less then provo or orem.  So it can not be how many users,  this is crazy i bet Sprint has more people on the network in utah then Puerto RIco.  And I bet we do not get 4g LTE until 2015 so this is just stupid. I called my rep and they told me that 4g LTE is not coming anytime soon and is not in the plan.  What a waste of money.

Journeyman

I bought the S3 under the promise that the LTE would be available in my area by the end of 2012... That didn't happen. 3G on the S3 is slower than the 3G on my 3G phone this needs to be fixed quickly because alot of contracts are ending and we WILL jump ship to a better more honest provider.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree that Sprint needs to be more forthright with their customers and give us a general ETA.

Journeyman

I think Sprint should be held accountable.

Journeyman

I think that Sprint has a big issue, all their new phone's are 4G LTE, I am not sure why they are promoting them when there are no LTE towers here in Utah. They have told me that my S3 will still get 4G using the wimaxx, but it does no such thing. I get 3G if that, and can't even use it properly without use of Wi-Fi in my home. I am not happy at all, Sprint has for sure droped the ball on this, customer for 8 years plus, but seriously thinking about paying the $200 disconect fee and moving to Verizon.

Journeyman

I think that Sprint has a big issue, all their new phone's are 4G LTE, I am not sure why they are promoting them when there are no LTE towers here in Utah. They have told me that my S3 will still get 4G using the wimaxx, but it does no such thing. I get 3G if that, and can't even use it properly without use of Wi-Fi in my home. I am not happy at all, Sprint has for sure droped the ball on this, customer for 8 years plus, but seriously thinking about paying the $200 disconect fee and moving to Verizon.

Journeyman

It's extremely frustrating. They say the $10 fee isn't for 4G but it's for premium data that is offered by Sprint. What premium data!?!? I barely get a signal anywhere I go. I get roaming messages popping up on my phone and I work and live right off of I-15. The coverage maps show I am well within the 3G coverage area but I can barely get 100Kbps. In fact, I'd be lucky to get any data signal anywhere in Utah. So, $10 for premium data is crap. They can offer unlimited data because nobody uses it.

Journeyman

I'd like to mention that the **** was "c r a p". Not sure why that was filtered.

Journeyman

I assume since Sprint cannot provide a timetable of when LTE is going to be available, the reason is that it is so far in the future that they will not provide the time schedule.  My Verizon business phone is 4g with speeds that are typically 1,000 times faster when I compare it with what I am getting on my sprint phone.  I know it will cost money to switch because our plan is less than a year old, but unlimited data is worthless at Sprint's current speed.