cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE IN LAS VEGAS!!??

Journeyman

4G LTE IN LAS VEGAS!!??

What is the progress or when will las vegas get 4G LTE. I notice that even puerto eico is on the list but not las vegas.  Wats up with that. .any news? ?

17 REPLIES

Re: 4G LTE IN LAS VEGAS!!??

Thanks for reaching out, unfortunately at this moment Las Vegas is not on our list to receive LTE. Our goal is to expand our Network Vision(The groundwork for LTE) project as we make progress, please keep in mind that our Network Vision is going to take some time to roll out to all of our areas. This is due to rebuilding our entire network from the ground up, please visit this website to see what benefits Network Vision is going to bring our customers http://newsroom.sprint.com/press_kits.cfm?presskit_id=19

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Media Care Team

Journeyman

This is crap! Sprint should tell its sales representatives not to provide false information in order to sell service and products. If I would have known that sprint is not getting 4G LTE service in Las Vegas, I would not have stayed with this company. I was advised that Las Vegas will have this service no later than the first of January. This is completely unacceptable. I will be canceling my service in the near future and advising others of this assume in Las Vegas as well. Why well 4G phones if you don't have or plan to have the sevice!?!?!?!

Wizard

twisty4,

I understand where you are coming from. I am waiting for LTE to hit my area as well. As was stated we are in the process of expanding our network vision at this time. We have yet to announce LTE in your area; this does not mean that we will not offer it at all. Also, LTE is just one of the many new and enticing options that we offer on our newer devices. The newer phones that are equipped with larger screens, faster processors, better UI and the list goes on. I don’t think it would be fair to keep all of these great features from our customers because they lack LTE in their area. Due to the nature and scope, this project will take some time. Thanks!

Sean L

Social Care

Journeyman

Yes this is Madness! I cant believe I also got rip off by the Sprint Customer Service Agents which lied to me too and claimed I was going to get 4G LTE where available IN LAS VEGAS. Yes they said las vegas. Customer service told me it was going to be changing from 3G to 4G where available knowing that Sprint doesnt offer 4G for that phone Galaxy Note 2 in Las Vegas. And to make it worst I cant even get 4G on my NEW SUPER EXPENSIVE Galaxy Note 2 which I had to pay almost $600 to get it after being with sprint like 3 years now paying more than $140.xx a month for two phones. I was trick once but not twice, as soon as I can get the money to pay cancelation fee I will terminate my account and move on with Perhaps Verizon, I preffer to pay a bit more and have a service that I am paying for. I will tell everyone I know to get out of Sprint and will start twitting everyday from now on about this to my followers so people out there know about it. No LTE 4G for Vegas for now huh, but for the 5 or 6 killers from the movie Wrong Turn the in the middle of no were yes. This is insane, at least teach your employees not to lie.

By the way the store was the one on North Rainbow and Lake Mead. Shame on you Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is really disheartening. I just switched to Sprint because they advertise that they have the best 4G coverage in Las Vegas. Now they say that instead of the accepted LTE 4G standard, they mean that their own WiMax standard that they have labled 4G themselves. WiMax is not even available on the iPhone (maybe because it isn't a real standard?) I have spent most of my day being lied to, mislead, and having hundred of my minutes burnt up while customer service reps tell me obvious lies like, "Most of our customers far preferr 3G Inernet service to 4G service..." Really? How much practice does it take to deliver that line without laughing? I'm super upset that I left AT&T, where I was grandfathered into a great contract. Then after 5 days of, "Service" I get a bill for $340!!! So, $340 for 5 days of no 4G, I am so glad I haven't passed my first 14 days yet!

Journeyman

Forget the LTE,  it just would have been nice to still have 4G on the new generation of phones. I didn't mind 4G at least for now. The Evo and Galaxy could have at least had an option between 4G & 4G LTE. Upgrade your phone and step back to 3G it blows!

Journeyman

I agree this is total BS. And the guy above making his comments about the fast new phone with bigger screens and all that is retarded. All these new devices are heavily internet dependant. And when your biggest bottle neck is the slow a$$ 3g speeds it nullifies the whole point of a fancy new "faster" phone. Might as well stick with the epic touch at least you will get wimax 4g and the jelly bean update. But that is really your only option if you want to stay with sprint and have the latest with all features enabled you are paying for. I remeber when I got my 4g ego and they started charging you the extra 10 bucks a month for the "premium data" feature. Which really translates too this is the portion of your bill that goes to clear wire for your 4g wimax service. But yet they still charge this on there new lte based phones that can't even access "premium data" we are seriously getting ripped off!!!

I just switched 2 of my friends over to metro PCs in the Vegas area and they have sick lte coverage. We were at the metro store and my friend just bought the lg motion which I have to say is a beast of a phone for 59 bucks has the same processor as the s3. And we both pulled up the same webpage and it was embarrassing how slow my s3 was compared to his lg motion with lte coverage . for 60 a month with no data caps and no contract unlimited everything that's a no brainer to me.

I might just call sprint now and see if I can get them to reduce my plan to the lowest amount possible then ride my contract out for four months and switch to metro now. Sprint is a joke.

Journeyman

I spent 2 hours on the phone yesterday with Sprint and at the conclusion of the discussion, the representative said that he can't do anything else for me and will have his supervisor Monica contact me within an hour... Guess what?!? No one called me! What a shack, right?!

So, I propose we get together for a class action lawsuit against Sprint. This is seriously unacceptable. During the phone call yesterday, I advised them that they breached our verbal contract when the sales person at Sprint promised me that we will have 4G LTE by December of 2012. I told them I will only upgrade to an iPhone 5 if the service is really going to be available. Sprint must be hurting financially or trying to sell all of those iPhone they purchased because they are lying to a ton of people, just to sell a service and a phone! Unacceptable and not how a company should be run. All I wanted during the phone call was a discount on my plan until November or to wave the cancellation fee. They said they can't help me in any way because they did not promise me 4G LTE in writing. Well, unfortunately for them they can still be sued for misrepresentation, fraud, breach of contract, etc. I have many people that I have referred to this company and they are just as frustrated as all of us here. Class action suit is the way to go from here, unless they start working for their clients and not for the money!

Last comment... While I was on the phone with Sorint, in a spot they allege has a very strong signal for 3G service, the phone said I had 3 bars and the O symbol not 3G! More lies? I am sure we will find even more in the discovery process in litigation.

Journeyman

http://www.ehow.com/list_7205541_cell-phone-termination-laws.html checkout this article. Class action suits work and Sprint has already been sued for termination fees... I am sure if I keep digging I will find the pot of gold against Sprint. Hopefully they think twice before screwing over there clients for their financial gain!