cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE Sighting in Kenosha Wi 53144

Journeyman

4G LTE Sighting in Kenosha Wi 53144

Today in Somers Wisconsin (UW PARKSIDE)... The Tower nearest Highway 31 (Green Bay Road) & Highway E (12th ST)... FLIPPED to 4G LTE ...

The Tower nearest me in somers though... Highway E (12th st) and Highway H (88th Ave) Is not doing any justice... Its hit or miss... Some days i get full bars w/3G, Other days like today... i get 0-1 BAR w/3G.. This tower is still being worked on and recently started showing eHRPD:13 as the Mobile Network Type and ever since then, signal has been GREAT... Still 0-1 or Full bars, fast 3G... Still waiting on 4G...

Its coming though, and the 4G i found was blazing..

17 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: 4G LTE Sighting in Kenosha Wi 53144

bnuzzi,

Thanks for reaching out to us and providing that update. Can you provide the zip code for your home and I'll check to see if upgrades are taking place?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

53144 - its a large area code though... I live at the intersection of 11th st and 87th ave in Somers Wi 53144

Wizard

bnuzzi,

Thanks for that info. I see that a tower near 18TH ST supports coverage to your location. Our Network teams recently upgrade that tower to a Network Vision tower this past July. It has not been scheduled as of yet for LTE, but a tower near 136TH AVE has been scheduled to receive LTE upgrades within the next 90 days, so hopefully we'll receive an update for your tower soon.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Everytime i go near the tower on 18th st, i can never tell its a sprint tower because my home only sometimes lights up like a xmas tree, and it doesnt look like most other towers in the area... looks like its like, half a tower...

Wizard

bnuzzi,

Our new towers may look different because they will support a new network architecture. They will support multiple frequencies and require less equipment to operate.

To get a better overview, please see: Wireless Network News: Chicago - YouTube

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Can you please let me know when there will be LTE coverage in Kenosha at HWY E and 22nd Avenue? Where are the nearest LTE towers?

Wizard

ZAMPANTI007,

I checked into this and the majority of the towers there are scheduled to have LTE installed in just weeks.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Carlos - forget 4G LTE  - I can't get even basic service on the UW Parkside Campus in this same area - zero bars everything goes straight to VM

Not only that over the last few months numerous dead zones have popped up on Interstate 94 between Kenosha and the Milwaukee

What the heck is going on

PS - Yes I have updated network settings and PRL

Journeyman

I live right off the interstate in 53142. Any chance you know if or when I will have LTE?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.