cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE in Saint Louis, MO???

Journeyman

Re: 4G LTE in Saint Louis, MO???

If you go to System Update. You should see there PRL update and Profile update. Try updating them both. I have a S3 and it switches over as soon as it picks up signal. Yea I go to Gold's and I get signal there so I would attempt the update and if that doesn't work I would probably ask Sprint up on Lindbergh.Screenshot_2013-04-12-05-58-47.png

Journeyman

Okay, cool. I updated both. Hopefully if you can get it at Golds, then I should be able to as well since they are about 100 yards apart. I live further down Lindbergh (other way) in Bridgeton so hopefully they extend out that way soon and I can get it at home and not just when I'm at the bar or visiting friends who live a couple minutes from Golds/Mattinglys.

Journeyman

Please tell me Sprint won't just stop going East at the Mississippi, like they did with WiMAX.  I'm really tired of being the Metroeast stepchildren of Sprint 4G. 

Journeyman

Ughhhh. I finally made it over to Hazelwood and I got LTE on Lindbergh, but for some reason I couldn't get it at Mattinglys (near Gold's). However, on the way back down  Lindbergh I had LTE so I did a speed test.  I'm starting to think my phone is junk. I did three tests, and this was the BEST one. Right near the tower. Within physical view.

477088_4820970964332_1374998274_o.jpg

Journeyman

Last night 4/46/2013 at approximately 8:15 PM I was at Target in Jennings MO St. Louis area zip code 63136 and my Samsung Galaxy Victory 4GLTE picked up a LTE connection. So I decided to test it and run a few speed tests. on an average I got 6 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up. Mind you the LTE here in St. Louis is still testing so I didn't expect it to blow me out of my shoes. However I can tell that the LTE is going to be pretty snippy. My Victory is from Virgin Mobile which uses the Sprint network so I was pretty surprised when I pulled out my phone and it said 4G. I tried taking screen shots but my phone isn't rooted and I have no plans of rooting it so it was a bummer that I couldn't show everyone. Just thought I'd keep everyone updated :)

Journeyman

I don't think your phone is junk. Keep in mind that its still testing here and that you might not get the best speeds as f now. I'd say give it to June and maybe we all will see some improvements

Journeyman

Everyone please remember to use the sensorly app on your phones to map the 4G LTE areas throughout the city.  This is a huge help to all and lets everyone in the community know that Sprint really is working on the LTE in the area.

Journeyman

I live in South City in STL, have had spotty signal in my house (occasional dropped calls/signal fades in some parts of my house), but I have noticed LTE popping up on my phone in my house & around the area.  Sometimes speeds are significantly improved over sprint's 3G, other times they are still pretty slow.  Guess that's to be expected with a rollout.  I really hope they improve the signal, as I can barely get signal in my neighborhood (my house & the bar up the street).

I'll install the sensorly app. 

Journeyman

Holy Moley i am from St.Louis and had 4G all weekend everywhere I went, OH yea I had to go to Indianapolis to get it. I hate paying for service I am not recieving.The 4G was pretty nice

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would like to know when the LTE network is deploying in 63102 and 63129? I just switched my phone from the EVO 3D to the HTC One because someone accidentally dropped my phone. Wow!!!!!!!!!!! that was a mistake....I should have bought a preowned phone until Sprint can get their network updated. The Sprint sales person over the phone told me that I would not have any network changes switching phones. What an idiot I should have known better. I have another 8 days to send my phone back. I will send my phone back in 4-5 days if I do not hear a reasonable response. I used to love Sprint and brag about the service. Sprint HQ needs to train all their employees to be educated and on the same page. What a joke!

Common sense would be to deploy LTE smart phones after the network is updated!!!!! AND at the very least explain to your customers that you are going to recieve crappy service if you choose to go with certain smart phones prior to the tower updates.