cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE in Salt Lake City Area

Journeyman

4G LTE in Salt Lake City Area

Many of Sprint's competitor's offer 4G LTE in the Salt Lake City area (and surrounding areas). They have for a long time now. When does Sprint plan on bringing it here? It seems like Sprint is far behind in this market. This is kind of ridiculous if you ask me. My previous employer did not use Sprint and I had an amazing connection all the time. Now, with Sprint, I barely get a strong enough signal to make a phone call or send a text message (and I work and live close to a major interstate highway). I've taken my phone into the Sprint Store for repairs and they tell me everything is fine. They probably have a repeater of some sort in the store so customers always have full bars. They said they could swap it out, but they were going to give me a refurb unit. I paid for a new one and you are going to replace it with a refurb? Not cool Sprint!

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: 4G LTE in Salt Lake City Area

I'm here to help, may I have your zip? What kind of device do you have? I'm excited about LTE too, check the status of it at www.sprint.com/lte

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

84660 Samsung Galaxy S III

Wizard

There is an open event in your area, we're working on. On your device close all applications and log off wifi. On device, press Home button, tap Menu, tap Settings and scroll up and tap System Update. Tap Update PRL and phone will check for updates and display Checking for … Please wait. Follow onscreen instructions to download and install any updates

Share results!

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Salt Lake City I seriously doubt you'll see 4G LTE this year.

Like the rep said above there aren't any open events in that area, and sprint hasn't announced any plans for that area.  If you actually go to the link he posted you'll see that of the 100 markets sprints announced LTE coverage in "in the upcoming months" nowhere in Utah is listed.

Journeyman

I Agree with you, my friend has AT&T 4g lte and gets just under 50.00 Mbps

here in ogden ut. I have sprint and I only get maybe .2 , I work late nights the only time

i get close to 1.00 Mbps is at 2 or 3 in the morning even then it's only .7

From what I understand utah isn't even listed in the 3rd tier markets. I like the unlimited

data but with this sad data speed what's the point of spending a lot of money for these

phones and sprint can't even back it up with data speed. I know where i'm going

AT&T

Journeyman

whoa... my phone just now today shows 4G LTE on sprint!??!??!?!?! They must be testing it here finally!? or some kind of glitch... anyways, yay!!

Journeyman

I was driving on I-80 today close to the airport and I got 4G lte for a little while. I hope this is the start of them upgrading all their towers.

This is awesome!!!!

Journeyman

Don't get too excited, they activated two towers that i have found. Both off I80, one at the I 215 and the other at the I15 interchanges. Probably chosen to have high visibility and to say SLC has LTE and because the back haul to these was easier. I think sprint has now even admitted it will be 6 months...the purchase did force some truth to come out. Oh, and you might need to get a tr-mode phone to connect reliably.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.