cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g LTE - Omaha

Journeyman

4g LTE - Omaha

Is this ever going to make it to Omaha?  I have a few months left on my contract and I don't want to stay with Sprint if they aren't going to take care of the Omaha area. 

13 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: 4g LTE - Omaha

CARISSAVANSICKLE,

We understand the excitement for 4G LTE and we are excited too.  We are working hard to insure the expansion goes smoothly nationwide and our customers can equally share in this great experience.  You can sign up here http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nxt/4g/prereg.asp to receive notifications and updates for your area.  We hope you understand each tower has different complexities that may impact the deployment process at an individual site (zoning laws, municipality rules, etc.).

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

In other words. No.

Journeyman

They are rolling it out to a boatload of small "cities" so they can say they server X number of cities.  I would prefer they roll it out to larger/medium sized cities (like Omaha) and say we serve X number of people like Verizon is doing.  Who cares if some town of 5000 in the middle of Kentucky gets 4g LTE, give it to the 750,000 people in the Omaha metro area first.

Wizard

Blahx2,

Thanks for the post. The LTE rollout is going on nationwide. You can get a good idea where by checking out this link. www.sprint.com/network . Also when we officially launch a city we update it in our newsroom. Which you can see by checking this link. www.sprint.com/newsroom .

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

They are in no hurry to upgrade the Omaha area for coverage nor speed. The 3g in Omaha is beyond horrible. I have results for 144th & F street(just south of center a couple blocks from the sprint store):

The sprint employee states 'there are issues with the towers in your area and although its approved to upgrade them, there is no set date'

In other words Carissa, Sprint could care less about Omaha. Change to AT&T or Verizon. My contract is up in November of this year, I am going to AT&T and NEVER looking back...

Journeyman

At Offutt AFB outdoors in full view of the Sprint tower.

Download: 126 kbps

Upload: 149 kbps

Ping: 995 ms

Sprint needs to wake up!! Maybe Sprint needs to loose ALL the Offutt AFB contracts. Hmmm I wonder who can make that happen?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I switched to Verizon.  While they limit their data I much prefer limited data that's fast than Unlimited Data at a turtles pace.  I wanted to stay with Sprint but when I asked when 4g was coming to Omaha all they could do was send me a link to a Map that didn't give any indication when Omaha would actually get 4g, if ever. 

Journeyman

Just one of the many (including myself) customers whom will move elsewhere once their contract is up. I bet the owner of Sprint is pounding his head against a wall.

Test Date: Mar 14, 2013 1:28 PM

Connection Type: Cellular

Server: Plattsmouth, NE

Download: 0.15 Mbps

Upload: 0.01 Mbps

Ping: 580 ms

External IP: 66.87.142.138

Internal IP: 21.180.0.138

Latitude: 41.2203

Longitude: -96.1459

speedtest.PNG

Journeyman

Yes, I too signed up for sprint just over 2 years ago after being told that the 4g was going to be hitting Omaha in a few months.  Since then they decided to change to 4g lte and have never heard anymore. 

I have been given the same link to sigh up for updates.  I have singed up multiple times, and have never recieved anything.

I too, think it is time to move to someone that has 4G in the area.

I am not sure WTF sprint is doing, but if they would just be straight and honest with people it may not be so hard to take.

I havent renewed my contract or gotten any different phones, but if they don't hurry and anounce something soon, I will be moving to another company.

The slowness is just not worth it anymore.