Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g lte in hartford ct? im gone in oct if it doesn't come

Journeyman

4g lte in hartford ct? im gone in oct if it doesn't come

im due for an upgrade in oct

im in the htfd ct area

if i dont get 4glte by then im taking my 4 phone line else where regardless of cost

i was with verizon 10 years

then att for 5 yrs

im only loyal to service not price

21 REPLIES

Re: 4g lte in hartford ct? im gone in oct if it doesn't come

truckman1000,

I also expect service from a service provider. I'm assuming that having the latest technology in your devices and network is important to you. Sprint is planning to expand LTE coverage nationwide, including the New England area in the coming months. I do not have an exact timeframe to give you unfortunately, but we have a good amount of time in between now and October to announce more cities that will be receiving LTE officially. Stay tuned!

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Julian,

I'm in the same boat in the same location. We've enjoyed WiMax for the last few years but that's done for new phones. Sprint really should deal with markets that have been used to having 4G. I've got five lines right now and been with Sprint a long long time. Four of the phones turning over this year. Need a better LTE story in the Hartford area. The only sound we've heard to date has been crickets!

Journeyman

I got agree I had a EVO that was spent last fall and got an Iphone 5 thinking I would only be without 4g til Feb or March. The lack of an update is really concerning. It's not really unlimited if you can't provide the service. Really thinking of breaking my contract and moving to Verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Meriden ct and we just got the LTE today so it is coming to CT. I got the iPhone 5 and it works really fast and great so just wait and you will be happy trust

Journeyman

I don't see 4G LTE service anywhere in CT?  Also, I just called Sprint a few minutes ago to cancel a phone because the contract expired and I didn't want to renew it because of the lousy data service (even 3G)  customer service and tech service didn't mention anything about 4G LTE service.  In fact, they couldn't even give me a date when they would have it available.  I've had a HTC EVO 4G LTE phone for over 10 months and I'm getting sick and tired of excuses, when Verizon and AT&T have 4G LTE service in the Hartford and New Haven area.  Where I live and work respectively.  There's going to come a point where I'm completely fed up and I will cancel my other two phones, even if I have to pay an early termination fee.  But for now I wait, while I'm paying the extra $10 premium data service for which I don't even use that much.

Journeyman

By the way, I've been a Sprint customer for about 13 years and I've never been more dissatisfied than I am now.

BGinCT,

I hear what you're saying. I am also in a market where WiMAX is available, but not yet LTE. Because of this fact, I have continued to use my Samsung Galaxy S device (which is WiMAX capable) until LTE is available in my area. I recommend that you do the same if you do not care about the latest specifications (faster processor, newer software, etc.)that comes along with our new phones.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

KZINGLER,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel mislead by LTE expectations. We try not to release concrete dates when it comes to Network Vision, because there are so many factors involved in that process. I hope you will continue to choose Sprint for your wireless needs. Stay tuned for the latest updates here.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

hollandfamily90,

That's awesome. We have activated LTE in a tower near the Midstate Medical Center. Enjoy the connection where available!

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.