Enhancements/Fixes

- Device Lock-screen stuck in “half-state”

- Potential for birthday to be one day off between contacts and Facebook

- Random GPS coordinates issue

- Lock-screen displays three digit temperature incorrectly

- Updates to Spiderman 3D demo and HTC Watch

- Ability to uninstall additional preloaded applications

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 2.08.651.2. 

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 8/18 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 8/28.

Refer to the HTC EVO 3D Software Updates blog for install instructions. 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.  

WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. 

Do not remove the battery as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!

Do not attempt to use the device until the “Congratulations” screen appears.

58 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 8/18 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.2

You did not mention that the update includes screen capture capabilities. Power button + home. Unfortunatley there is still no fix for the extremely low speaker problem.

Journeyman

my notification sounds are not working! they were all working fine before the update.. tried going back to stock apps that i used third party apps for such as gosms and still no sound coming out of the phone.. sound plays when i select it from the options menu but when the notification comes in, NO SOUND! also not working for twitter for android application

Journeyman

im afraid to update my phone if there is gonna be problems. i dont like how if i update... i cant revert back to the previous one that did work.

i have the 3d evo now because my first evo 4g was updated and i lost voice text functionality. i used it while driving a semi so i could speek my text due to driving. i worry about what will be messed up if i update my 3d evo now.....

Journeyman

I Jus updated my phone with the new htc upgrade. Screen capture does not work. When i press the home button and then the power button the phone just locks and screens turns off. Help getitng screen capture to work please!!!

Journeyman

Never mind!!!!!!! Please note that power button must be pressed first then home button.

Journeyman

Can you tell me which preloaded apps that can be uninstalled?

Journeyman

8/18 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.2

I noticed that this update also brough the Android version to 2.3.4.  Everything I've read about 2.3.4 says that it includes video chat within Google Talk, but I can't find the option on my phone.  Was this feature specifically left out?

John

Wizard

It seemed to fix the issue with the generic icons being there for the apps stored on sd after reboot.

Thanks for the update.  My EVO 3d is working great and I for one haven't had any problems with the speaker volume.  Now if Sprint could just improve its coverage issues, at least get it back to where it was 3 months ago, Rick