4/2/2012: Please see this thread for information on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software update for the LG Optimus S.
This update has been temporarily suspended while Sprint and LG continue to troubleshoot the problems some of you
have reported. Please refer to this thread for issues you may be experiencing after the update. I will update that thread
with new information as it becomes available. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your
patience as we work through these issues.
LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVH)
- Volume adjustment from handset when backlight is off and in a Bluetooth call
- Initiation of a 3-way call in certain markets
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Updated color scheme (includesdarker notification bar and black-based menus)
- New on-screen keyboard (supports multi-touch input and a smart auto-correction function)
- Improved cut-paste functionality
- New integrated download application for ease in accessing downloaded files
- Updated camera application
- Power management and task killer applications
- The new software version is: LS670ZVH
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 10 days
- Refer to the LG Optimus S Software Update blog for install instructions
- Please refer to this thread for issues you may be experiencing after the update
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - added reference to thread for reported issues
Yes same here.
I tapped on system update but it is not showing this release so how can we download and update it manually?
patients, it says 100% of devices updated within 10 days, i think we can wait a day or so if we have waited this long
With most of the updates for the Android phones, the delay is actually in getting the update loaded in the systems for each phone, which is why these updates roll out over a period of days. Manually checking, will allow you to get it as soon as it's loaded as opposed to when the notice is sent down to the phone.
Ok, I have installed the new update. Now I am unable to upload pics from my phone to my computer using my usb drive. How do I do this now?
Is anyone else having issues with the updated keyboard after installing this release? When texting, I no longer am receiving word suggestions as in the previous version. It seems to only suggest names from contacts in my contacts list. I've tried all of the keyboard options but nothing seems to work.
The new update is slick as you please. No issues. You have to go into settings Language & Keyboard to get the "Select input method". I chose Swype. I also changed the language from Spanish to English. Not sure why it was set to Spanish either?
I am having the same issues. Did you find anything out? I am not a fan of the swipe texting method.