cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9230 Shortcode texting block. Msg 1051

SOLVED
Journeyman

My Rumor touch always receives this message when I try to do shortcode texting: (I didn't type it all out because I saw other people have had this same problem)

"Message Failed. Shortcode may have expired... Msg 1051"

(I didn't type it all out because I saw other people have had this same problem) It had never been blocked and I know it's not expired. I'm trying to use Mobile Bank access and this is really bothersome. How can I enable shortcode texting again?

-Zoe

339 REPLIES
Master

Re: 9230 Shortcode texting block. Msg 1051

We would need to see if your premium short code messaging service is blocked.  We can do this for you.  Private message a Sprint Tech for further assistance.  Click Communities at the top, scan the right column of the home page for avatars.  Hover over one and look for a Sprint logo just below the picture followed by "Sprint Tech."  Click that avatar and "Send a private message" on the right.  We will gather your Sprint information in private. 

Message was edited by: tomdeaver

Journeyman

Hello I am having this same problem.  Could you possibly help me as well?

Hulkman,

Send me a private message and once I get a message from you, I will reply back to you to get more information.

Thanks,

Ray

Journeyman

exact same problem here... =(

Journeyman

Same problem here. Can you help?

I called Sprint Sunday and was told that nothing is blocked for me, yet I stil get this error message EVEN after texting 9999 to allow the number I texted and getting a message that the number i texted will now be allowed!

Bahnster,

Private message me and once I hear from you, I will reply to gather more infromation from you.

Thanks,

Ray

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue.

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem.  When I attempt to send a message to a shorcode, I receive the following reply from 9230: "Shortcode may have expired or shortcode texting may be blocked on your account."  Premium texting is allowed on my account and I have sent the text "allow all" to 9999, but I continue to receive the error message.

I will be glad to assist you DLF_64,

Please send me a private message and I would be glad to unblock short codes for you or check to see why you may be blocked.

Ray

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.