cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airave won't send texts, it can receive but will not send

Journeyman

Airave won't send texts, it can receive but will not send

When my airave is powered up and my cell phone is connected to it I cannot send txt messages.  I can receive them but not send.  As soon as I power off the airave I can send txt messages on my phone.  I have power cycled both the airave and phone multiple times and updated my phones PRL.  I have had this problem with both my older Samsung Epic 4G and now my brand new HTC ONE.  What is the issue?  I've had the airave for a couple of years now and have never been able to send txts when I am connected to it.  Searching the forum this seems to be a known issue, is there a firmware fix or upgrade to the airave that is needed?

15 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Airave won't send texts, it can receive but will not send

KCK1SPRINT

Thanks for posting.

Have you attempted a full reset on the Airave? there is a reset button on the back that you can press with a small object such as a paperclip. Press and hold this for about 15 seconds and the device will completely reset itself and re-provision.

If this still does not solve the problem I would like to get you in touch with my Airave support team. Please feel free to send me a private message so I can get you in touch with them at that point.

Thank you,

Chris

GrandMaster

add on

one other thing to attempt is get as far away from the airave as possible so youre no longer connected to it..THEN update your profile and PRL...then go back...you just have to fully make sure youre no longer connected to it or it wont work..when you update both of those now youre pulling the information from the airave and not an actual tower...which can mess things up if there is already an ongoing issue between the phone and the airave

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No change,  I reset the airave, power cycled it and the phone and still had the same problem.  Next I powered down the airave and went to a strong cell signal locationl and updating the PRL.  Went home, powered up the airave, watched it connect with the phone and no change.  I cannot send txt from the phone when connected to the airave

GrandMaster

one last thing to try..download for now another messaging app like handcent or gosms...try it with that...there is always a chance that the app itself is having the issue and not the phone....by the by are you able to send texts once you leave home and get away from the airave?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Tried handcent, no luck.   Sending/receiving txt's works fine when I am off the airave and outside on the standard sprint cell network.

GrandMaster

the main part that seems odd is that you are able to receive them but not send them..either way its going over the voice side of things anyways..one thing you might try to do until this is figured out is to send all your texts (while at home at least) as a mms message..use the data side for now..im stretching it out a bit with a guess but im wondering if it has anything to do with your home net speeds? i have NO idea if that would play into this one or not..a hail marry on my part lol. what happens when you send yourself a test text?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Some more info:  Appears the issue is with smartphones. Neither my recently retired samsung epic 4g or my brand new HTC One can send txt messages via the airave but my wifes dumb LG Rumor2 can send them with no problem.  How can I resolve this issue?  Is there a later model airave I can try?

GrandMaster

not that its going to help you currently but im snagging up a airave right now and will have it hooked up most likely tomorrow when i receive it. i'll keep you posted on how it works with my  HTC One over the weekend. i'll let you know either way if it works fine or if i have the same issues as you are.

Journeyman

Ok after 5 hours on telephone with sprint because I cold not sent text with airwave the awesome guy had it working in 5 minutes so for those of you having issues here is the fix call:

1-866-556-7310 (Airave Tech Support).  They fixed it right away, over the phone.  Just don't call from the phone you need to fix. It was so awesome to have someone know what to do right away.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.