cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any idea when 4g will hit Iowa? (Quad Cities)

Journeyman

Any idea when 4g will hit Iowa? (Quad Cities)

When will 4g expand into Iowa?  Interstate 80 is one of the busiest highways in the country.  It would be good to get 4g up and running there.

43 REPLIES

Re: Any idea when 4g will hit Iowa? (Quad Cities)

CBC2012,

Thanks for posting. I checked on that for you, we haven't started the LTE build out in that market yet.

It will be rolling out more and more, market by market. If you can hold on with us you will be able to enjoy those LTE speeds soon enough.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

The problem is that we are paying full price for speeds we do not get in the Quad Cities.

We need to be on the list.  Please find out where we are and let us know.

Wizard

C9HOUSE,

They don't have any specific dates on which cities will be getting it and cannot guarantee any set dates. It all has to due with Sprint approving the work, along with permits getting the ok from city, state, and government offices. In my area in South Florida, the tower my service is off from, is still waiting on the approval from someone for the work to begin. So in all, you just got to hang in there like the rest of us do.

GrandMaster

so far this is all i have found

East Iowa ...Sites Complete = 26%; Anticipated LTE Launch = TBD ...Original Scheduled Completion = Q4 2013; Current Production Rate Completion = TBD

plucked from a 3rd party site keeping tabs on the Network Vision deployment.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

C9HOUSE,

Thanks for replying back. I don't see an exact date at this time.

All updates and current info, can be found here > Sprint LTE Coverage - Sprint 4G LTE Rollout

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Just so Sprint is aware (for what it's worth), I'm due for an upgrade May 31. I'm not going to take it, though, because if I upgrade to an iPhone 5, I'll have an LTE phone with no LTE coverage in the Quad Cities. My contract is up in October. If Sprint hasn't introduced LTE to the Quad Cities by then, I plan to jump ship and get a current iPhone from Verizon, which already has extensive LTE coverage in the Quad Cities. Sure, I like the idea of unlimited data from Sprint, but 4GB of LTE is better, it seems to me, than unlimited 3G (I typically use less than 1GB a month).

I don't want to leave Sprint. Please give us LTE in the Quad Cities soon!

Wizard

cneuen,

Thanks for the post. I show we have plans to upgrade a bunch of towers in your area to LTE within the next 3 months. We would hate to see you go and want to keep you as a Sprint customer. Hopefully by the time we get this build out going you will notice the difference and use your upgrade to grab that new Iphone with Sprint.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Summer of 2019 is the earliest you will see LTE.

Journeyman

Is it true that a bunch of towers will actually be upgraded to LTE within the next 3 months (before Aug 24, 2013), or is this just plans that then will be ordered, possibly approved, permits to be obtained, local work to be hired, and many other hurdels to overcome before it is eventually done 2 years later. I have also been a long time sprint customer 5+yrs, but I am desperate to get higher data speeds and may have to leave. I was told the same stories of Sprint upgrading data service for the last 2 years. Thank you for your time.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.