cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking text messaging

Journeyman

Blocking text messaging

I need to restrict our niece on inbound and outbound text messaging, I know how to do it but it keep saying error what do i do?

15 REPLIES
Master

Re: Blocking text messaging

Sorry for the inconvenience.How  and where you're blocking text messaging?

Abe

Journeyman

i go to preference and from home.

Master

To block or unblock text messages, you must have a valid My Sprint account and be set up with an account owner profile. If you are not an account owner and do not have permission to change settings on their account, you will see a message showing their current settings.These controls block all incoming or outgoing messages, or allow only messages to or from numbers they approve.These changes will take effect within 15 minutes.

To block or restrict text messaging services,

Sign in to My Sprint with valid username and password at www.sprint.com. 

1. Click the My Preferences tab. 
  2. Under Limits and Permissions, click Block texts
  3. Click on the phone or device to restrict text messages. 
  4.   Choose from the following options to block or restrict texts: 
    • Do not block any text messages 
    • Block all text messages inbound and outbound 
    • Block all inbound text messages 
    • Block all outbound text messages 
    • Block only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages 
    • Allow only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages
  5. To block or allow specific numbers, enter the phone number, 4- to 8-digit short code, email address, or domain address (e.g. spammer.com) you wish to block in the field and click Add number. The number will be added to the block list. To remove, select the number and click Remove
  6. Once a selection is made, the symbol will change to a green checkmark that says "Updated". 
  7. Click Save. If updates were saved successfully, the following confirmation message will be displayed: "Thank you! We've saved your changes. 
  8. Turn the phone off and back on for the new settings to take effect.

Abe

Journeyman

I only want to block inbound texts from a certain number. can I do this and how do i do this

Wizard

Yes you can.

Sign in to My Sprint with valid username and password at www.sprint.com.

1. Click the My Preferences tab.
  2. Under Limits and Permissions, click Block texts.
  3. Click on the phone or device to restrict text messages.
  4.   Choose  - Block only these numbers for inbound and outbound text messages
  5. Enter the phone number, 4- to 8-digit short code, email address, or domain address (e.g. spammer.com) you wish to block in the field and click Add number. The number will be added to the block list. To remove, select the number and click Remove.
  6. Once a selection is made, the symbol will change to a green checkmark that says "Updated".
  7. Click Save. If updates were saved successfully, the following confirmation message will be displayed: "Thank you! We've saved your changes.
  8. Turn the phone off and back on for the new settings to take effect.
Journeyman

I just blocked a number today by texting 9999 and then "Block [phone number]" in the message. I got a message back from Sprint saying my phone was now blocked from all texts from that number (as well as outgoing texts to it).

One of my friends told me the number I'm blocking also receives a text that I've blocked them. Is this true? That seems pretty intrusive, since most people don't want the person they're blocking to know they're being blocked.

Journeyman

I was wondering about this too.  I logged into my Sprint account today and added a number to be blocked from texting me.  Does the person receive a text that says they are blocked from texting you?

Here is what the person who is trying to send you a text that you blocked:

• Senders to the blocked number receive message:  
    • The recipient you are sending to has chosen to not receive messages: Msg 2111.
Highlighted
Master

Yeah, the message doesn't say the sender specifically is being blocked, it just says the recipient isn't receiving ANY messages. Could be from everyone as far as the sender can tell.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.