cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breaking Contract

Journeyman

Breaking Contract

Im just wondering how much it costs to break contract? Im fed up with my plan/phone and would like to end service soon. I have 16 months left and know it will probably be a good amount but I want to know what Im up against. Please help.

83 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Breaking Contract

Hi

Good morning tely_lace,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear of your service/plan concerns. Early termination fees start off at $350 for Smartphone and $200 for basic phone. The ETF will start to decrease by $10 per month after you have been with us for 7 months and continue to decrease till you are down to a $50 ETF. So, it will definitely depend on how long you have been with Sprint as well as what type of phone you have. I would be happy to look at any concerns you are currently having first and if you still would like to cancel with us, I can take a peek at your account and provide you with your early termination fee. Lets start with - What exactly is going on with your services?

Thanks so much. Talk soon.

*Heather

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

Actually with the administrative changes they made 9/1 they breached the contract with you.

Administrative Charge

The Administrative Charge is applied per line, per month by Sprint to help defray various costs imposed on Sprint by other telecommunications carriers, including, but not limited to, charges imposed by local telephone companies for delivery of calls from our customers to their landline customers and for certain network facilities and services we must purchase from them. The Administrative Charge is not a tax and is not an amount we are required to collect from you by law. The Administrative Charge and the components used to calculate this charge are subject to change from time to time. Effective 9/1/13, the administrative charge will increase from $1.50 to $1.99.

Your original contract was for a lower administration fee which was not what you signed the contract for in the first place.

Wizard

tnerb123,

Thanks for posting. The contract advises of an administrative charge that may be up to $1.99. We only charged $1.50 but subscribers agreed to a contract that allowed it to be up to $1.99. As it is included, it is not a breach of contract. 

**Monthly charges exclude taxes, Sprint Surcharges [incl. USF charge of up to 17.40% (varies quarterly), Administrative Charge (up to $1.99/line/mo.), Regulatory Charge ($0.40/line/mo.) & state/local fees by area (approx. 5-20%)]. Sprint Surcharges are not taxes or gov't-required charges and are subject to change. Details: Sprint.com/taxesandfees.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

so I guess the new contracts have an even higher amount so you can screw those people in a few months.just another reason to get away from sprint as soon as possible.

Wizard

agraiderdad,

That's not the intention at all. As with all business, the cost to operate only increases over time. In this case it was a .50 cents increase after years of being the same cost.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

@TV74

Thanks for recommending Republic wireless to us,  I have been a sprint loyal customer for 12 yrs now,  so much has changed,   Service use to be great, customer service was OK.  they recognized us customers for being with them for such a long time by giving us the premier program which they took away,  they shut down the IDEN network,  and started charging more,  I am really getting fed up with sprint,  they are always in the forums watching what we say.  but they never truly lesson to their customers....

I have checked out Republic wireless because i was interested in saving some money,   but was scepticall for moving service to them because I wast exactly sure how their service works,   and even tho my town is small we have 2 sprint towers but still have to use their airave device to get service at home,  and Republic wireless uses sprints towers  so i was like ok my service is already crappy, how will i get service with republic wireless since if i switched i could not use the airave device no longer.....

I did find out some pros and cons

Pros

If i switch I will be saving around 700 a yr on service

Phone service is only 19 a month

No Contract

No hidden fees

Cons

You have to buy the phone for full price of 199 or save on smartphone and buy for only 75 but then your plan will be 29 a month

No Customer support via phone, this is how they save money cause they don't have to have elaborate call centers

You can only get support via Email or community Forums

Service for data only comes in 3g everywhere not 4g

Its a toss up for me really,  I need to just contact them via email first to make sure my service would 100% work for my area

Journeyman

Hi heather, I'm wondering how to swap my lousy htc one for a different phone.  Possible?  The htc simply doesn't work, it has connectivity issues, dropped calls, poor pictures, a sim card issue, spotty 3g service, and Im in the washngton dc northern Virginia area. Can you help?  Thanks

Journeyman

So wait your telling us that are plan cost doesnt cover the cost of business?  It really only costs you 1.99 a month to have us on your network?  Whats the other 90+ that I am paying for covering?

Yes I understand the cost of business does go up each year but that was built into the amount I pay at the beginning of the contract! 

I then repost this "The Administrative Charge is not a tax and is not an amount we are required to collect from you by law."  If its not a tax or an amount required to collect by law then what is it?  If its cost to provide us service that was already accounted for in the contract price we signed up for!