cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I buy an unlocked Galaxy s4 and bring it to Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can I buy an unlocked Galaxy s4 and bring it to Sprint?

My s3 that I got 3 months ago was broken without warranty and I want to buy the s4. I wanted to know if I could buy one unlocked on my own and bring it to sprint. I have trust issues with Sprint already but am stuck in the contract now. I may want to take it to AT&T when my contract is up. Thanks for advice.

2 REPLIES
Master

Re: Can I buy an unlocked Galaxy s4 and bring it to Sprint?

You can only activate a Sprint S4 with Sprint, you can buy one and activate it without contract, but it has to be Sprint, the AT&T S4 is not compatible with Sprint Network so it will not work, and if you buy a sprint S4 is not going to work with AT&T. My suggestion to you, if you are thinking to move to AT&T, is to buy a cheap phone while at sprint, and if you go to AT&T you can get the s4 for their new costumer price (much cheaper then the market price).

I come here trying to help people and not because I'm employed from Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

Re: Can I buy an unlocked Galaxy s4 and bring it to Sprint?

juliafmejia,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear that your Samsung Galaxy SIII is broken. If you purchase an unlocked Galaxy S4, it must be one that is designed for Sprint in order for you to utilize it on our Network. May we ask what happened to your S3? If you do not have insurance, and the phone does not have physical or liquid damage, you can take it into one of our authorized service and repair centers and have if repair or replaced for a $50 fee.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care