cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can my parents view my texts without a court order?

Journeyman

Can my parents view my texts without a court order?

I Realize this question snakes me sound like an immature teen who has something to hide. However that is not the case. My mother always threats to look at my text messages because she doesn't trust me. Although she has no reason not to. I'm a straight A student, number 15 in my class, and I don't "party" like most kids my age do. My basic idea of a great night is takeout and lifetime movies. Anyway, I just wanted to know if it WAS possible for my mom to look up my text messages online or if she can actually call and get a transcript of my messages. I read online somewhere that you need to have a court order to get transcripts of messages and I wanted to know if that was true. Being that ive NEVER broken her trust or have gotten into trouble, I dont think she should be able to without a court order. I feel like it's a major invasion of privacy.

4 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Can my parents view my texts without a court order?

None of what you said is relevant.  If it his her account and she pays then she has access to everything that goes on.  If you are so worried about it get you own phone and pay for it yourself.  While you are at it, start showing your parents the respect that they deserve and if they ask to see the texts show the texts to them.

Journeyman

Lol I don't think I asked for a lesson on how to treat my parents, did I? No.  Thanks bud .

Highlighted
Journeyman

here`s the procedure. Basically yes, they can view your text message LOGS (as in you texted me, at what hour/date, not the actual content)

Take a look here http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Get_your_text_message_usage_details/a9035f32-ee60-43ec-889...

Wizard

Hannahchienbsbaalkak

Thanks for stopping by for answers to your question.

The account holder can request text details, via http://sprint.com/textdetails. Once the needed information is received, Sprint will send the log of phone numbers that were texted (incoming and outgoing), as well as the date & time of the texts. Nothing from the message or body of the text will be sent, as casicum has shared. Hope this helps.

Ruth E

Social Care Team