cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging paused. Battery temperature too high.

Journeyman

Charging paused. Battery temperature too high.

My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is only 4 months old. I LOVE my phone and I haven't had any issues with it at all until last night. I went to charge my phone and it says "Charging paused. Battery temperature too high." I wasn't even using my phone. It was just time for bed and I wanted to charge it. The phone isn't even hot. I tried a different charger, a different outlet and I even turned the phone off and tried to charge it. Pulling the battery didn't do anything either. I am going to take it in this morning but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

11 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Charging paused. Battery temperature too high.

to be honest it sounds like something is amis with the phone itself..are any LED lights blinking when it kicks this error/notification?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

the red light keeps blinking. But I thought that was because my battery is low.

GrandMaster

if the phone was physically over heating you normally get a blinking amber/green light or whichever main LED colors you have..it will alternate between the 2..if its just the one color then yah that usually means the battery is VERY low..have you taken it in to a repair facility yet? preferably a corporate repair store.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

it sounds like the battery sensor is bad, try changing the battery when you go to Sprint store and see if you get the error again.

I come here trying to help people and not because I'm employed from Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Not sure what the problem is but even with a new battery it still has the same error message. I have a new phone coming in a couple days......

Wizard

Tinkydinkydo -

Thank you for your post and bringing this to my attention. That is really odd that your phone would start doing this after 4 months. I have heard this happening primarily with the S2 but this is a first with the Note 2. You mentioned that you have a new phone coming in a few days. Can you please tell me what the service and repair center told you happened? Did they order the new device for you or did you have to make an insurance claim?

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have the Geek Squad insurance from Best Buy. They don't know what happened. They used a brand new battery and put it in my phone and the same error code came up. They ordered me a new phone. One of the techs there said this has become a problem and that I was not the first one.

Wizard

Tinkydinkydo -

Thank you for the update. I am glad that the Geek Squad was able to order you a new device. I am not finding a known issue with the Note 2's battery acting like this but I will let our techs know about it. Let us know when you get your replacement.

- *Kitty

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I am having a problem with my ZTE Fury. After  I charge it the battery only stays for about 2 hours max (if I'm lucky), the phone sometimes gets really hot, and it completely shuts off at random times and doesn't turn back on unless I take out the battery. Does anyone know what's wrong with my phone or what I should do?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.