cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Columbus Ohio 4g LTE when?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Columbus Ohio 4g LTE when?

In June I was told that Sprint would have 4G LTE in Columbus by the end of 2012. Where is it?

105 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Columbus Ohio 4g LTE when?

Just curious where you heard that.  I haven't seen anything about LTE anywhere in Ohio.  We never even saw wimax up here in Toledo (excluding one protection tower)

Journeyman

Good luck getting a straight answer as to when LTE is coming to your area.

Journeyman

We have wimax here in Columbus, and that is what makes me mad. I was told in a Sprint store in June, that LTE would be up in Columbus before the end of the 2012. Otherwise I would have gotten good wimax phones for half the price(or less) and have a faster internet connection to boot. Now it doesn't look like Columbus is getting LTE any time soon. Can we have a straight answer as to about when Sprint plans to roll out LTE in Columbus Ohio?

Journeyman

I was told by a Sprint employee when I was in the Sprint store the middle of October of 2012  (corporate store, not dealer store), that 4G LTE wouldn't arrive in the Columbus metro until at least mid-2014.  Not sure how good the authority of his answer was, but that's what he said.

No Ohio city is on the list of those markets getting 4G LTE "in the coming months" according to this Sprint ad page from mid-September 2012:

http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:4glte

I think we have a long wait in the Columbus metro.

Journeyman

I know only this much, Network Vision should be completed by end of December 2013 largely.  Markets covered by WiMax will be in the final rounds so cities that are only 3G or have greater need will be covered first.  The best answer I've gotten is Q2 of 2013, so I assume that means late spring for us in Columbus. It's a juggling act of permits, spectrum, and man power. I firmly believe we will be announced after this 100 city roll out in 2012 is done so probably  we will hear.  The 4g map is closing in on us.  Indy metro.... And WVa are getting covered  so we are sandwiched in there lol.

Journeyman

I was told by one csr end of Dec 2012, when speaking to sup on another issue I asked and she advised me to access Sprint.com however it gives no info...so who knows.

Journeyman

I was told by one csr end of Dec 2012, when speaking to sup on another issue I asked and she advised me to access Sprint.com however it gives no info...so who knows.

Journeyman

Journeyman