cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Columbus Ohio 4g LTE when?

Journeyman

Re: Columbus Ohio 4g LTE when?

I was told by one csr end of Dec 2012, when speaking to sup on another issue I asked and she advised me to access Sprint.com however it gives no info...so who knows.

Journeyman

I was told by one csr end of Dec 2012, when speaking to sup on another issue I asked and she advised me to access Sprint.com however it gives no info...so who knows.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

Ah, it's the rare Dectuple post, impressive.

On topic, I've seen this thread (http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1904-network-visionlte-columbus-market/) basically say that the best prediction right now is probably something deployed by mid 2013, but there haven't been any announcements. They have at least begun (and maybe) finished work on planning the rollout, however.

Master

I do not have access to the rollout plans so I cannot give you a hard date when you will see service in Columbus.  We are working hard on the network vision update to upgrade the Sprint towers.  The entire project is scheduled for completion  by the end of 2013   Where in the time frame you will fall right now is guess work

Highlighted
Journeyman

And this is why I'll be leaving Sprint. Sitting at my desk on Morse Road, I can go from 4G to 3G, to no signal at all, to roaming, to complete loss of data connectivity, all within 20 minutes without ever moving my phone.  You can't even get what you have right. Don't even bother with 4GLTE until what you have actually works. You're service is cheaper, but as with most things, you get what you pay for.

Journeyman

First rule of Celluar Networks. DO NOT EVER LISTEN TO THE REPS IN THE STORE.

They have no more knowledge than my grandma. They read from scripts, and lie like crazy.

The one at my local store said Sprint had the fastest 3g network. I laughed and didnt say anything.

Seeing as you have WiMax in COlumbus expect to be at the bottom of the list for LTE. That way they can say they have more cities covered under "4G" (WiMax + LTE). Dirty, but all carriers mislabel it because its all the uninformed people can recognize.

SOrry about your luck. Im in cleveland, so I feel your pain.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.